Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left the garden >>> (denied) >>> dissappointed

tag
jre
Regular Contributor

Left the garden >>> (denied) >>> dissappointed

After seeing all the posts about Lowes granting nice credit limits I decided to leave the garden and re-apply after they denied me a couple months back. I had planned to remain in the garden for 6+ months, but an appliance broke and I wanted to get the favorable financing terms Lowes offers. I get the ugly 7-10 day message. Lowes customer support 100% unhelpful other than we'll be sending you the letter in 7-10 days. I probably pulled the trigger too early as I have a couple of negatives coming off my report in the next couple of months and should have waited. From perusing the forums Lowes does not do recon if you are denied (anyone know different?). Very dissappointed in myself!

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Left the garden >>> (denied) >>> dissappointed

@jre wrote:

After seeing all the posts about Lowes granting nice credit limits I decided to leave the garden and re-apply after they denied me a couple months back. I had planned to remain in the garden for 6+ months, but an appliance broke and I wanted to get the favorable financing terms Lowes offers. I get the ugly 7-10 day message. Lowes customer support 100% unhelpful other than we'll be sending you the letter in 7-10 days. I probably pulled the trigger too early as I have a couple of negatives coming off my report in the next couple of months and should have waited. From perusing the forums Lowes does not do recon if you are denied (anyone know different?). Very dissappointed in myself!

No idea if they recon, but don't feel bad. It seems to be a frequent theme on this board of people reading approval stories and then pulling the trigger when they shouldn't and getting denied. I'm in the garden and believe I am taking the right steps, but a lot of these posts of the approvals sometimes make me doubt myself. Its almost better to just skip the posts of people talking about their approvals, unless its a post about a card you have/don't want or your actively getting ready to apply and want to see your approval chances. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

No they dont recon credit apps just CLs.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 12
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Dont feel dissappointed just grow your current cards. You have great cards that will lead you to even better cards than Lowes.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

No they dont recon credit apps just CLs.

Correct GE doesn't recon computer denials 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Don't feel to bad. Just wait a couple months (and a couple weeks on top of that just to be safe), let your derogs disapperar, then re-apply.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 12
jre
Regular Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Don't feel to bad. Just wait a couple months (and a couple weeks on top of that just to be safe), let your derogs disapperar, then re-apply.

I'll try my best.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 7 of 12
navyox
Regular Contributor

Don't feel bad, you had a legit reason for coming out of the Garden, it isn't like you just felt like going on a shopping spree.   You'll get there.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 8 of 12
tehpud
New Contributor

don't be upset!  

I would just chill with what you have and grow the cards you have.  Hang out in the garden for a little while.  It pays off 2x more than getting a low limit card mid gardening.

You got it - keep up the hard work and don't let temptation get the best of you.

Starting Score: 507 TU | 549 EX | 525 EQ // 05/11
Current Score: 773TU | 740 EX | 751 EQ // 06/13
Goal Score: 775 TU | 795 EX | 745 EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Look at it this way:
You'll get a Free FICO score and a Free copy of your report out of it.
Go to transunion.com/myoptions
I assume Lowe's(Gecrb) pulled TU for you.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.