Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Club Success

tag
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Lending Club Success

After reading the post by @ibmrad7 regarding their Lending Club experience, I encouraged DH to apply in order to pay off his debt.

He applied this past Tuesday (08-13-2013)  evening and was approved with the soft pull for $8500.  He confirmed his email address in the To Do List and within the hour, the loan was fully funded by investors.  The next morning (08-14-2013), he sent in his 2 pay statements, W2, and copy of his license.  Later that afternoon, the To Do List requested phone verification so he called in and verified.

On yesterday (08-15-2013) morning, he received the small deposits in his bank account and he then verified his bank account. That evening, his To Do List showed as complete.

He just emailed me a couple of minutes ago and said that he received an email saying that his loan has been funded and will appear in his bank account in 2-4 business days.

AWESOME!

The process was so quick and painless and he is excited that I encouraged him to do it. His TU score was 676 and he said his interest rate is 19.56%.

Hopefully this information will help anyone else who is interested in LC.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Lending Club Success

I think the best thing about Lending Club is the SP in order to determine if you qualify or not, Congrats to DH!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

19.56% whew.....

CONGRATS on getting the loan, I tried myself but my DTI is too high right now, I have to wait until next yr to get some of the loans I have paid down.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 6
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
19.56% whew.....

CONGRATS on getting the loan, I tried myself but my DTI is too high right now, I have to wait until next yr to get some of the loans I have paid down.

Yeah...19.56 is a bit high but in comparison to the rate on the cards he is paying off (22.00 - 23.99) it's a little better.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Seems like it made financial sense. Glad it worked out for him.
Message 5 of 6
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Congrats Smiley Happy

Remember After 6 months of on time payments, you can take another LC loan (Assuming you pay off your current debt and your score goes up) to pay off the current 19% loan on a lower rate.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.