cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Club - When Does Hard Inquiry Happen?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Lending Club - When Does Hard Inquiry Happen?

Not really sure where to put this one but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with lending club and if they recall WHEN exactly they got the hard inquiry?

i know when you just check your rates and get loan offers its a soft inquiry but....Was it when they posted the loan for funding? Or was it after they got the loan totally funded and money in your bank account?

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Re: Lending Club - When Does Hard Inquiry Happen?

When I did it, there was no hard inquiry, just a soft pull. The loan reported about 2 months later.
Message 2 of 18
shane82388
Established Contributor

@yellowcake wrote:
When I did it, there was no hard inquiry, just a soft pull. The loan reported about 2 months later.

hmm...now thats very interesting...and confusing...lol

Message 3 of 18
Trigga
Regular Contributor

I was curious about this as well when is the HARD PULL made if there is one and also , do they report to the 3 credit breaus and if so what does it report as and how would it look to other creditors .......? 

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 4 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

details! what are you applying for? what rate and offer you get? scores and such?

Message 5 of 18
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

details! what are you applying for? what rate and offer you get? scores and such?

nothing concrete right now...i was just looking at possibly moving some credit card balances to a smallish installment loan since ive never had one and i know it would be good for my mixture of credit and also to free up credit card utilization.

rates are nothing special in the mid to high teens, probably due to my mid 600's scores and somewhat high balances, but thats more or less better than the crapital one card and orchard card im looking to not give any more interest to (high teens interest rates with annual and monthly fees).

I also just wanted to dip my toe in the waters there and see what the whole thing was like for potential future loans and what not...

Message 6 of 18
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Im curious as well...got an offer just a few days ago...never tried them so im curious how itll look to other creditors.

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 18
Trigga
Regular Contributor

Do they report to all 3 credit breaus

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 8 of 18
masupo
Established Member

I recently obtained a loan through Lending Club. I use EQ monitoring and haven't seen a HP come through so far. I asked to borrow 15k for debt consolidation and was offered 13,250 at 13.05% for 36 months, but true APR is 15.93%. There was a loan origination fee of 500 which they took out of the money borrowed, so I received 12,750. 

They let me know my TU score was 692. My loan was funded in two hours, I uploaded two paystubs & W2 and I received the funds 7 days later.  The only thing I don't like is that they take the payments out of your checking account automatically and you can only set up extra payments by emailing every time to request it.

If you guys want to know any more about the process I'll try to answer any questions Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18
shane82388
Established Contributor

@masupo wrote:

I recently obtained a loan through Lending Club. I use EQ monitoring and haven't seen a HP come through so far. I asked to borrow 15k for debt consolidation and was offered 13,250 at 13.05% for 36 months, but true APR is 15.93%. There was a loan origination fee of 500 which they took out of the money borrowed, so I received 12,750. 

They let me know my TU score was 692. My loan was funded in two hours, I uploaded two paystubs & W2 and I received the funds 7 days later.  The only thing I don't like is that they take the payments out of your checking account automatically and you can only set up extra payments by emailing every time to request it.

If you guys want to know any more about the process I'll try to answer any questions Smiley Happy

Are the paystubs and W2 required or is that kind of a random thing? Was it part of the process of listing the loan or did the ask you outside of that process?

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.