Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Club or just pay remainder CC

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Lending Club or just pay remainder CC

@09Lexie wrote:
I will repeat what I said in the GC. Paying off cc's with a higher APR loan boggles the mind. ESP a loan that is almost double your int rate. Make a budget, stick to it and pay off one card, then another, then another. Do not add anymore CL's while you are paying off your cc's.

I have to agree with this because this is the best option which will result in your best success while saving you $$$$$$$$$$$ 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Keep paying the CCs. This is a no brainer.
If anything, get a 0% bt card lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 22
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

BTs are not an option. Since today was an app bust I came home to a Discover It invite...0 BT for 14 months. Well, denied. Recon called and was told that due to 4-year-old chargeoffs they won't even entertain approving me. Since they are on my report for another 3 years, I will never be able to BT. No one is going to approve me.

I decided not to use them. If the interest rate was close I would. This is not even close. 

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 13 of 22
Poki
Valued Member

@silverzgirl wrote:

I decided not to use them. If the interest rate was close I would. This is not even close. 

Good decision; and you are partially right about the 0% intro rate credit cards - most of the people that qualify for theme are usually in a good/decent position with their debt. Its more of marketing I suppose. I never cared for 0% introductory rates, but I do love my Best Buy/Amazon 0% promotional rates Smiley Tongue

I do know someone that was approved for a LC loan to pay off his CC debt; the loan's interest rate was lower than his lowest CC rate, so it was a fair decision. In your case, since your CC's interest rates are low (relatively) you are better off consolidating your debt by yourself.

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 14 of 22
Irisa
Senior Contributor

@silverzgirl wrote:

I think this is a very good decision. Focus on gardening and paying down utilization. I know it's frustrating and requires a lot of patience, but you can do it! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 22
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Is asking a family for some money to pay off the CC's a possibilty? I know its taboo for some people but I loaned money to a relative for this exact pupose with out any ill effects. They got there CC's paid off with out paying extra intrest and I got paid back + felt good knowing I helped a family member. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 16 of 22
Poki
Valued Member

Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be Smiley Tongue

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 17 of 22
PetuniaJane

I agree with everyone else on this one. Although I had a very positive, painless experience with my Lending Club loan, if you're going to end up paying more to consolidate it kind of defeats the purpose. And then with all those nice and empty credit lines laying around, you run the risk of running them up again. (Not saying OP would, just speaking from personal experience 😋)
Message 18 of 22
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

Well a strange update...they sent me an email stating my inquiry would expire in the next couple of days. I logged into my account to find that the amount I was planning on has its interest rate drastically cut....now at the same rate (or slightly lower) as my cards. I guess my score has jumped up a bit since last month or something; the few times I logged in was at the crazy amount.

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 19 of 22
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

If you want like a million inquiries...I would say no to the loan.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.