Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lending Club

Do any on you have any experience with the company, " Lending Club".  It looks like you can get some great interest rates to pay down some high interest revolving debt.

Or has anyone heard good or bad things about them?

Thank you.

www.lendingclub.com

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Lending Club

@Anonymous wrote:

Do any on you have any experience with the company, " Lending Club".  It looks like you can get some great interest rates to pay down some high interest revolving debt.

Or has anyone heard good or bad things about them?

Thank you.

www.lendingclub.com

I've heard of lendingclub.  I was thinking about investing by lending money.  There are many of those type of websites that have popped over the years. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it looks like you can earn some pretty good returns.

it looks like they are a legit outfit.

Message 3 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I just started borrowing with LC last summer. They are a decent way to get a loan, though rates are better elsewhere. When you apply, your TU is pulled along with your TU FICO (same version as on here) and based on your score and credit, they'll assign you a rating which determines your risk to other investors and your rate. If you accept it, then they'll publish your listing and others can invest into your loan. Along the way they'll ask you personal questions regarding the loan and why. They also have portions of your CR available to them and some of the questions, I'm certain, are to test your integrity in answering them. LC itself will also ask for your tax returns, paystubs, or other info so have that handy. Your have a finite number of days to get the loan funded, though you can accept less if less is funded. If funded completely sooner, then the money is released and put into your account. Monthly payments are drawn from the same account.

Message 4 of 13
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I just started borrowing with LC last summer. They are a decent way to get a loan, though rates are better elsewhere. When you apply, your TU is pulled along with your TU FICO (same version as on here) and based on your score and credit, they'll assign you a rating which determines your risk to other investors and your rate. If you accept it, then they'll publish your listing and others can invest into your loan. Along the way they'll ask you personal questions regarding the loan and why. They also have portions of your CR available to them and some of the questions, I'm certain, are to test your integrity in answering them. LC itself will also ask for your tax returns, paystubs, or other info so have that handy. Your have a finite number of days to get the loan funded, though you can accept less if less is funded. If funded completely sooner, then the money is released and put into your account. Monthly payments are drawn from the same account.

Sounds very similar to Prosper.

Message 5 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@cesarcjv wrote:

It is. I tried Prosper (they pull EX and Scorex PLUS IIRC) and they assigned a loan amount maximum vs. LC's loose policy in letting you set the loan amount.

Message 6 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@cesarcjv wrote:

It is. I tried Prosper (they pull EX and Scorex PLUS IIRC) and they assigned a loan amount maximum vs. LC's loose policy in letting you set the loan amount.

Do they give loans if your FICO is around 620's?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 13
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, the minimum TU FICO was 660.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 5k loan from Lending Club @15% had low scores back in Dec 2010. and also i have a prosper loan of 4k...the only thing i don't like is that lending club reports only to exp & tans and Propser doesn't report at all they will only report you if u don't make your payment's.. I'm also a investors with both of them and you can get some nice returns,,,hope it helps

Message 9 of 13
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@I got 5k loan from Lending Club @Anonymous% had low scores back in Dec 2010. and also i have a prosper loan of 4k...the only thing i don't like is that lending club reports only to exp & tans and Propser doesn't report at all they will only report you if u don't make your payment's.. I'm also a investors with both of them and you can get some nice returns,,,hope it helps

I used propser a few years ago an it reported to both TU and EX. Did not report to EQ.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.