Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lesser-known cash back cards worth looking at

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lesser-known cash back cards worth looking at

Thanks Smiley Happy I was leaning towards that card myself!

@yfan wrote:

@arijitnit wrote:

Hi myfico users,

I have been a long time avid reader, and this is my first post Smiley Happy Any good advice on a travel card for maximum cash back  for leisure travellers? maybe 2-3 times a year, one internationally. The usual choice of CSP or Barclay arrival + seems to be too steep of an annual fee for my budget.

For the occasional leisure traveler, you won't do better than the Orbitz Rewards Visa. You earn 5% back on all Orbitz bookings from the card (you earn an additional 5% or 3% depending on booking method on hotels and and additional 1% on flights, packages and cruises through Orbitz), and 2% back on every other purchase. The only catch is that the rewards are in the form of "Orbucks" ($1 = 1 Orbuck) you have to use your earnings on stand-alone hotel bookings on Orbitz, but the good thing is that you can redeem any amount. For example, if your hotel costs $250 and you only have $92 in Orbucks, you don't have to wait till you have the full amount - you just take that $92 off the cost of the hotel.

The card also has no AF and no FTF.

Message 21 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@arijitnit wrote:

Hi myfico users,

I have been a long time avid reader, and this is my first post Smiley Happy Any good advice on a travel card for maximum cash back  for leisure travellers? maybe 2-3 times a year, one internationally. The usual choice of CSP or Barclay arrival + seems to be too steep of an annual fee for my budget. 

I have the amex HHonors with no AF , but that has a FTF (damn Smiley Sad ) , and I am not sure I would get or stay in a Hilton wherever I go, they can be pretty expensive . So looking for the ideal card to put my flight and hotel spendings on and get some decent rewards Smiley Happy

My FAKO is 752.

AAA Member Rewards from BOA. 3X Cashback on AAA and other travel purchases, as well as 2X on gas, grocery, and drug store purchases.

There is also a second, less publicized version of the Chase AARP that gives you 3% back on travel.

I think both of them have FTFs though... 

Dining AND Travel? Or one or the other?

Message 22 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Multiple Choice Variety of 3X Categories Smiley Happy

https://www.huntington.com/pas/creditcard/

Hey CreditMagic, that's an interesting card and have bookmarked it in my 'GardeneXit' file.

I checked the credit pulls data base for Huntington Bancshares but didn't come up with anything. Any Idea who they pull from?

Thx...

Message 23 of 75
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Hey CreditMagic, that's an interesting card and have bookmarked it in my 'GardeneXit' file.

I checked the credit pulls data base for Huntington Bancshares but didn't come up with anything. Any Idea who they pull from?

Thx...

Sure. They exclusively pull EQUIFAX for the most part. I haven't seen any post yet where they deviate to any other but who knows. I'm seriously considering going for a 2nd card after a year next month in order to maximize the CB! I also bank with HNB.

Message 24 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Thx...

Sure. They exclusively pull EQUIFAX for the most part. I haven't seen any post yet where they deviate to any other but who knows. I'm seriously considering going for a 2nd card after a year next month in order to maximize the CB! I also bank with HNB.

Thx again and good to know. Come Dec. we'll have to give it a look and see what they offer.

All the Best.

Message 25 of 75
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Thx...

Thx again and good to know. Come Dec. we'll have to give it a look and see what they offer.

All the Best.

Dang, Wal-Mart is actually a category.  Not one I would likely ever choose, but Wally World usually gets excluded from every category card I've ever seen.

Message 26 of 75
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Nice card, wonder why it doesn't get more attention?   Ugh EQ though?  Do you get an instant denial/approval or all manual review?

Message 27 of 75
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

It's only one category at a time though and AARP has food and gas already covered for me and those are my two biggest spend categories.  I'm not sure what else I could choose to make it worthwhile considering all the rotators and whatnot.  It's an interesting card though for sure

Message 28 of 75
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Nice card, wonder why it doesn't get more attention?   Ugh EQ though?  Do you get an instant denial/approval or all manual review?

It IS discussed quite a bit here!   Put Huntington Voice in the search box at the top and you will see lots of threads.

Is it available nationwide yet?   It was always "about to" become that, but wasn't last time I checked.   And one category, and capped, somewhat limits the appeal, compared to say Cash + with 2 5% categories (although many will find the Voice ones more userful)

Message 29 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

US bank has a card you can choose your categories but you can't apply online

Nerf+?

+1 Nerfed Smiley Sad

Message 30 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.