Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lesser-known cash back cards worth looking at

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Be interesting to see if the CU gets spooked by all these out of state applications all of a sudden!  The power of TMWC!

Not all that much power. New Mexico Educators only offered me the $1000 card with no rewards... I declined it.

So, you can apply for the top end card and still get offered a lower end one?

Yep. That was a month or two ago. Before the first time I mentioned that card Smiley Wink

Aha!  So you said "No, don't want that card.  Will you give me the card I want if I promote you on a high-traffic internet forum for people looiking for credit cards?"

Very clever!

The question is, If you get offered the low end card. Can you PC it once you get a CLI?

Message 71 of 75
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Be interesting to see if the CU gets spooked by all these out of state applications all of a sudden!  The power of TMWC!

Not all that much power. New Mexico Educators only offered me the $1000 card with no rewards... I declined it.

Yep. That was a month or two ago. Before the first time I mentioned that card Smiley Wink

I applied; I received the message that they have to review the application.

I don't see this New Mexico Educators CU resulting in an approval, and just a wasted HP. Smiley Sad

I'll try to make the best of it and ask if they consider existing cardholders for upgrades to the better card(s).

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 72 of 75
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Aha!  So you said "No, don't want that card.  Will you give me the card I want if I promote you on a high-traffic internet forum for people looiking for credit cards?"

Very clever!

The question is, If you get offered the low end card. Can you PC it once you get a CLI?

You read my mind!  I'll ask when I talk with them.

Even DCU has offered me upgrades to their better card(s) over the years. First it went from Gold to Platinum, and now there's an offer to upgrade to their Rewards Card.

Further details later this week.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 73 of 75
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Very clever!

Hey, just a cotton pickin minute... This doesn't look like The Power of WE.

I knew I shoulda made a left turn at Albuquerque...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 74 of 75
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Everyone huddle together for the Power of WE

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 75 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.