Did you mean: 

Let Discover Pull Me or Wait?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Let Discover Pull Me or Wait?

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Even if you get a SP CLI, they are not usually huge (there can be exceptions). I don't know what kind of increase you're looking for but if you're wanting to go up significantly it may be more efficient to just eat the hard pull and ask for what you want.

I just got a SP CLI of $5,000. 

Yes, that's why I said there can be exceptions. However, if you are wanting a large, specific increase, it's more efficient to just get it over with and ask for what you want with a hard pull. While SP CLIs can be large they are often on the smaller end.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i thought it always said that they could HP you but they never did.  What type of message did you see? Have never heard of disco HP'ing for CLI.

Their screen recently says that they may have to request a credit report, but that they will tell you before they do.

I recently obtained CLIs, and no HP occurred.

I've had my IT since 2014. The CLI screen has always, at least for my account, had verbiage about possibly needing to do a HP.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on your other limits and the It limit a HP (if approved) will likely only yield a $500 increase or so. How much do you spend on that card
Message 13 of 18
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i thought it always said that they could HP you but they never did.  What type of message did you see? Have never heard of disco HP'ing for CLI.

Their screen recently says that they may have to request a credit report, but that they will tell you before they do.

I've had my IT since 2014. The CLI screen has always, at least for my account, had verbiage about possibly needing to do a HP.

With Discover (and Discover IT) the screen reads similarly - they may need a HP, but they tell you before they do. If you accept the SP answer, no HP is performed.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Based on your other limits and the It limit a HP (if approved) will likely only yield a $500 increase or so. How much do you spend on that card

This is correct. Hard pull CLI's with Discover are almost always dinky.

Message 15 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is correct. Hard pull CLI's with Discover are almost always dinky.

Exactly, HP for a Discover CLI request likely to yield 500 or a denial, doesn't seem worth it considering OP can eventually qualify for SP. Have had several since the Disco SP CLI boom started, up to 8k. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With Discover (and Discover IT) the screen reads similarly - they may need a HP, but they tell you before they do. If you accept the SP answer, no HP is performed.

Correct. 

Message 17 of 18
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

I've had a decent number of auto CLI, all were $250. I did get a $1,000 once when someone posted they were giving SP CLI with their luv button.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.