Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets face it I think we all can remember and relate to this at least once

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets face it I think we all can remember and relate to this at least once

It's still a great feeling to come home and see an envelope that you know beyond a doubt is your shiny new credit card.  You feel the right side of the envelope and you know that lump is what you have been waiting for. You open the envelope and see it that little 3x2 piece of plastic unused, no swipe marks and the activation sticker still affixed on the front.  You call the toll free number and after a few prompts you hear those words " your new card is now active"   Now you go and get your wallet and notice for the first time in your credit acheiving career that you don't have any card slots left. Now you must decide whether to take one card usually a low limit and barely used store card and put it in your sock drawer or just simply stuff it behind another card.  Lets face it you want that shiny new Visa or Mastercard to have prime reality in your wallet.  This isn't the JcPenny or Belk, this is your NEW VISA.

So you stuff your little store card behind lets say a Lowes or Home Depot card and making sure you signed the back, you slide the card into it's new home. Its gets that spot so right as you open your wallet BAM !! there it is a virgin card, Zero Balance, Full Credit Limit Available,its magnetic stripe untainted by the rigerous swiping it will soon endure at your favorite stores Point of Sale Terminal.  Sure it's not the highest limit card you own, but its new its shiny and you have that warm fuzzy feeling all over, knowing you have just increased your credit standing among some of the biggest names in the Major Leauges. Standing back you admire your new Visa acknowledging a year ago the mere thought of having to double up card slots was only in your distant imagination.  

You put your wallet back on your dresser after you go online and register the card taking a moment to look at your card's statement page and reflect for a time staring at that magical number next to the words " total credit available" A sigh escapes you and closing out the cardmember's home page, that moment has now passed.  The card is now just another peice of plastic with it's small gold colored chip and raised off white letters.  So for the tenth or in some cases more time your day was made just a little better and your wallet just a little heavier, all thanks to your favorite post man or post woman.

It's over back to the daily grind of Friday Night whether your home for the weekend or working the night shift, life goes on, the normal routines of life continue, but in the back of your mind your thinking about the next time you come home and find that plain no frills white envelope sitting in your mailbox. Life is Good Smiley LOL

I am happy to report my new Stash Rewards Visa arrived today after I forgot I even applied for it over three weeks ago.  So I thought I would share a story.  I hope I put a smile on some of your faces, and made the hectic lives we all live in just a little less serious even for a few minutes.  Enjoy your Friday evening leave comments if you wish as always they are welcome here.  Have a Blessed Evening to you all.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lets face it I think we all can remember and relate to this at least once

Very nice.. Enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy. I enjoyed the little tale perhaps you can write more via medium?Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 8
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's still a great feeling to come home and see an envelope that you know beyond a doubt is your shiny new credit card.  You feel the right side of the envelope and you know that lump is what you have been waiting for. You open the envelope and see it that little 3x2 piece of plastic unused, no swipe marks and the activation sticker still affixed on the front.  You call the toll free number and after a few prompts you hear those words " your new card is now active"   Now you go and get your wallet and notice for the first time in your credit acheiving career that you don't have any card slots left. Now you must decide whether to take one card usually a low limit and barely used store card and put it in your sock drawer or just simply stuff it behind another card.  Lets face it you want that shiny new Visa or Mastercard to have prime reality in your wallet.  This isn't the JcPenny or Belk, this is your NEW VISA.

So you stuff your little store card behind lets say a Lowes or Home Depot card and making sure you signed the back, you slide the card into it's new home. Its gets that spot so right as you open your wallet BAM !! there it is a virgin card, Zero Balance, Full Credit Limit Available,its magnetic stripe untainted by the rigerous swiping it will soon endure at your favorite stores Point of Sale Terminal.  Sure it's not the highest limit card you own, but its new its shiny and you have that warm fuzzy feeling all over, knowing you have just increased your credit standing among some of the biggest names in the Major Leauges. Standing back you admire your new Visa acknowledging a year ago the mere thought of having to double up card slots was only in your distant imagination.  

You put your wallet back on your dresser after you go online and register the card taking a moment to look at your card's statement page and reflect for a time staring at that magical number next to the words " total credit available" A sigh escapes you and closing out the cardmember's home page, that moment has now passed.  The card is now just another peice of plastic with it's small gold colored chip and raised off white letters.  So for the tenth or in some cases more time your day was made just a little better and your wallet just a little heavier, all thanks to your favorite post man or post woman.

It's over back to the daily grind of Friday Night whether your home for the weekend or working the night shift, life goes on, the normal routines of life continue, but in the back of your mind your thinking about the next time you come home and find that plain no frills white envelope sitting in your mailbox. Life is Good Smiley LOL

I am happy to report my new Stash Rewards Visa arrived today after I forgot I even applied for it over three weeks ago.  So I thought I would share a story.  I hope I put a smile on some of your faces, and made the hectic lives we all live in just a little less serious even for a few minutes.  Enjoy your Friday evening leave comments if you wish as always they are welcome here.  Have a Blessed Evening to you all.

You did, and I thank you for that! Smiley Very Happy

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice little story, and thank you for sharing. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

> that Was Awesome!   > happy holidays!   Smiley Happy

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for writing. 

Message 6 of 8
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Nice story, yes I can relate. Had to smile, thanks for sharing! 

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great story! Very well told. Thanks for the smile! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.