cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter from GE - Confusing clues to their innerworkings.

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Letter from GE - Confusing clues to their innerworkings.

Requested CLI over the automated phone for Walmart and was denied last week.

Got a letter today.  - Credit score 650.  (TRANSUNION.  This is exactly what my TU08 was last month btw)

Information about your credit score based on internal information used in this evaluation for credit 

*Percentage of times payment greater than amount due over last 12 months on this account."

*Maximum consecutive months there was a balance decrease over the most recent six months of this account."

*Used too much of your credit limit in the last six months"

Then it has the FICO reasons such as Collection, length of time revolving has been established, too many inquiries.

This is the first letter I've seen that gave such detail.  But I have an 800 limit, and ALWAYS paid more than amount due (Using promotional no interest and have to get it paid) - Just paid 350 on the account a couple weeks ago, so now the only thing left is the laptop that I have til January to pay off.  My utility is 40%.  Obviously too much.

Just thought I'd share.  I think it sounds like they want me to pay less, though then they say I used too much credit?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: Letter from GE - Confusing clues to their innerworkings.

@Booner72 wrote:

Got a letter today.  - Credit score 650.  (TRANSUNION.  This is exactly what my TU08 was last month btw)

Information about your credit score based on internal information used in this evaluation for credit 

*Percentage of times payment greater than amount due over last 12 months on this account."

*Maximum consecutive months there was a balance decrease over the most recent six months of this account."

Then it has the FICO reasons such as Collection, length of time revolving has been established, too many inquiries.

This is the first letter I've seen that gave such detail.  But I have an 800 limit, and ALWAYS paid more than amount due (Using promotional no interest and have to get it paid) - Just paid 350 on the account a couple weeks ago, so now the only thing left is the laptop that I have til January to pay off.  My utility is 40%.  Obviously too much.

Just thought I'd share.  I think it sounds like they want me to pay less, though then they say I used too much credit?

That is such a stupid reason. Its like, if they think you are goign to use "too much" then why give it to you in the first place?!Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booner72 wrote:

They are holding the amount of times of paying more than the amount due against you? That is absurd.

Message 3 of 14
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Okay...these reasons for denial are getting pulled out where the sun don't shine! I've never heard of a bank not wanting more money, their credit card not being used, or for someone to not be responsible in paying their bill!Smiley Indifferent Maybe this was a pre-April Fools day denial Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 14
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

They are holding the amount of times of paying more than the amount due against you? That is absurd.

Maybe they are not saying that. What they could be saying is that they have a problem with the number of times you paid over minimun- it was not ENOUGH TIMES in the last year.  Also, they seem to feel that you did not pay down the balance for enough months in a row.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

Maybe they are not saying that. What they could be saying is that they have a problem with the number of times you paid over minimun- it was not ENOUGH TIMES in the last year.  Also, they seem to feel that you did not pay down the balance for enough months in a row.

Yea, good call, I see that. The way it's worded could go either way.

Message 6 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CC365 wrote:

Okay...these reasons for denial are getting pulled out where the sun don't shine! I've never heard of a bank not wanting more money, their credit card not being used, or for someone to not be responsible in paying their bill!Smiley Indifferent Maybe this was a pre-April Fools day denial Smiley LOL

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 14
ferrari
Regular Contributor

If it makes you feel better I've had mine for almost 2 years now and I've gotten 1 increase so far. Most recent letters had my TU score at 751 and still no increase!!! I think they like usage and honestly I am not using  the card much

Message 8 of 14
CoolDude67

Last month they just auto-CLI my Walmart card $700 -> $2000. I've only had the card since August. I have the same Walmart FICO score as you and carrying a 70% balance from the 6 month no interest holiday deal they had.

Message 9 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

The very day after PIF'ing DH's he got an auto CLI.

They could be saying it either way, I agree, but I don't think so because I've taken good care of that account, and I"m not going to pay a bunch to PIF if it's zero interest anyway.  I'm on a budget and I'm sticking to it, and when we bought the TV/Computer for christmas, those payments went into the budge so that it would be PIF'd long before the 0% expired.  I paid off the TV 3 months before the 0% expired.  WEIRDOS

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.