Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter from Sears MC advising they will CLD if I don't use my card by Feb

tag
krielly
Established Contributor

Letter from Sears MC advising they will CLD if I don't use my card by Feb

Received a letter this week from Sears advising my card has been inactive (almost 2 years now, I believe) and so they will be reducing my CL from 5K to 2.1K unless I use it between now and February.

Debating..........may let it simply CLD or close it. Not a very beneficial card to me.....I have approx 50K in total CL with my other cards. Not really needed, but still feel reluctant to close it.......

Hmmmmmmmm......

K

PS: they did offer me a 20% off statement credit on a non-Sears purchase between now and the end of Dec. Maybe I should just take advantage of that and utilize the card as they requested.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Letter from Sears MC advising they will CLD if I don't use my card by Feb

@krielly wrote:

Received a letter this week from Sears advising my card has been inactive (almost 2 years now, I believe) and so they will be reducing my CL from 5K to 2.1K unless I use it between now and February.

Debating..........may let it simply CLD or close it. Not a very beneficial card to me.....I have approx 50K in total CL with my other cards. Not really needed, but still feel reluctant to close it.......

Hmmmmmmmm......

K

Well if you are going to close I would do so before the CLD looks better closed with the higher limit.

Message 2 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

@krielly wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm......

K

So you are saying you cannot use any new socks or underware? You don't even have to leave home. Simply go online, order 3 pair of socks and have them ship and be done with it. it can't be that hard. Something to be said about letting old cards age anymore. Sorry I forget this is the internet age. Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@krielly wrote:

Hmmmmmmmm......

K

Well if you are going to close I would do so before the CLD looks better closed with the higher limit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All day long ^^^^^^^^^^

You're not using it so it serves no purpose ....close the card you've already moved on from Sears

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 23
Involver
Valued Contributor

@krielly wrote:

PS: they did offer me a 20% off statement credit on a non-Sears purchase between now and the end of Dec. Maybe I should just take advantage of that and utilize the card as they requested.

Off of any  purchase?

Message 5 of 23
krielly
Established Contributor

Taxi818.......your post made me smile Smiley Happy

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 6 of 23
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I'd take the 20%!  If you do, be sure to confirm the max credit first.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 7 of 23
krielly
Established Contributor

I believe so.....need to double check the letter at home......that's almost worth the spend right there.......more xmas shopping........"Check"!!!!!

Message 8 of 23
krielly
Established Contributor

I must say........I DO appreciate the advanced notice from Sears...and the opportunity to prevent it if I choose.....Can't complain there.

Message 9 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Well my take on this is at least they extended a friendly courtesy to tell you in advance what to expect.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.