Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter from Sears MC advising they will CLD if I don't use my card by Feb

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Letter from Sears MC advising they will CLD if I don't use my card by Feb

at least they are giving you a heads up of impending CLD...thats a plus, and giving you a chance to use the card. instead of just closing it outright.
Message 11 of 23
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Its a tough call, I don't see Sears Deportment stores staying open for another couple of years! However you have 5K CL that is not bad compare to your overall CL.

I'll say buy something or close it before CLD, credit reports are showing exactly when your CL was increased or decreased! something I didn't see 10 years ago! So if you do get a CLD it would reflect that info on your file even if you close it after.

Message 12 of 23
krielly
Established Contributor

True.....doesn't seem as though Sears is faring too well these days.

Interesting note is that the 20% statement credit towards a purchase applies to NON Sears purchases ONLY. That seems strange......you would think they would want the spend in their store........

I will probably double check the offer tonight and order another xmas gift in the next day or two...hanging onto the card for now.......

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 13 of 23
ddemari
Super Contributor

I think I remember CA posting about a letter from citi Home Depot saying use it or lose it. I'd use it and keep it open.
Message 14 of 23
taxi818
Super Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Its a tough call, I don't see Sears Deportment stores staying open for another couple of years! However you have 5K CL that is not bad compare to your overall CL.

I'll say buy something or close it before CLD, credit reports are showing exactly when your CL was increased or decreased! something I didn't see 10 years ago! So if you do get a CLD it would reflect that info on your file even if you close it after.

People. Have said that the last. 20 years. Yet Sears us still here. I don't see going anywhere in my lifetime. Keep. The. Piece of American history. I just may app Sears for old times same Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@krielly wrote:

Received a letter this week from Sears advising my card has been inactive (almost 2 years now, I believe) and so they will be reducing my CL from 5K to 2.1K unless I use it between now and February.

Debating..........may let it simply CLD or close it. Not a very beneficial card to me.....I have approx 50K in total CL with my other cards. Not really needed, but still feel reluctant to close it.......

Hmmmmmmmm......

K

PS: they did offer me a 20% off statement credit on a non-Sears purchase between now and the end of Dec. Maybe I should just take advantage of that and utilize the card as they requested.

That's a nice deal.   Why not take advantage of that?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 23
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

People. Have said that the last. 20 years. Yet Sears us still here. I don't see going anywhere in my lifetime. Keep. The. Piece of American history. I just may app Sears for old times same Smiley Happy

Some of us feel the same about JCPenney as well. Oddly i have neither................................Yet

I'm still surprised that ole K-Mart is still floating

Message 17 of 23
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@krielly wrote:

Received a letter this week from Sears advising my card has been inactive (almost 2 years now, I believe) and so they will be reducing my CL from 5K to 2.1K unless I use it between now and February.

Debating..........may let it simply CLD or close it. Not a very beneficial card to me.....I have approx 50K in total CL with my other cards. Not really needed, but still feel reluctant to close it.......

Hmmmmmmmm......

K

PS: they did offer me a 20% off statement credit on a non-Sears purchase between now and the end of Dec. Maybe I should just take advantage of that and utilize the card as they requested.

If you're wanting to keep the card without buying something, with some issuers you can make a purchase, wait for the statement to generate, and then return the item. The purchase counts as a purchase usually.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
at least they are giving you a heads up of impending CLD...thats a plus, and giving you a chance to use the card. instead of just closing it outright.

^this

Message 19 of 23
northface28
Established Contributor

Lol, Sears, that place is a wasteland, they could give me a card with $500k limit and I still wouldn't step foot in that forsaken place.
BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.