Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letter to get CLI?

tag
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Letter to get CLI?

Does anyone suggest this? Would it possibly save me from a hard pull?

I am working a lot more and recently took on a second job so I would like to give them my new income in order to get a CLI. This is also before I go back to law school in the fall, where the hours will slim out and my income will dwindle. I don't ever carry a balance, but the higher the CL the better!

Already have 10 hard inquiries from moving apartments this year, the new credit cards, and utility companies, so pulling is definitely not an option. My point is to chill out for two years so they all fall off when I'm ready to apply for a mortgage/auto loan.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Letter to get CLI?

I've never heard of requesting an increase by a letter and don't see why that would keep them from doing a hard inquiry. If you are talking about the Chase cards you have, they always do a hard for customer initiated requests; American Express is always soft.

Message 2 of 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Letter to get CLI?

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I've never heard of requesting an increase by a letter and don't see why that would keep them from doing a hard inquiry. If you are talking about the Chase cards you have, they always do a hard for customer initiated requests; American Express is always soft.

+1

A letter would function no different than calling or sending a secure message.  As navigatethis12 mentioned above, a Chase CLI will most definitely result in a HP, albeit in this scenario via pony express :-)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.