Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letting Capital One go...

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: Letting Capital One go...

Not sure about all of them but try to SP CLI any /all of them first. Then look into combining. 

Message 11 of 31
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I have 5 CO acts and have been eligible to combine for a year now. If the don't fix the dang combo button I may just close them all. 48.5 k TCL ! 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 12 of 31
greent
Frequent Contributor

Im thinking about closing my Quicksilver but it has the CL out of the three capito one cards i have. But I have an AF I dont want to pay anymore. 

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just keep in mind, Cap1 hangs around when others dont. You don't have to walk on rice paper with them worrying about AA.

Keep them....
Message 14 of 31
driftless
Valued Contributor

@Marcos8 wrote:

Not sure about all of them but try to SP CLI any /all of them first. Then look into combining. 

+ 1. I would try to combine them into one card.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 15 of 31
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@driftless wrote:

@Marcos8 wrote:

Not sure what I'm not understanding, or not communicating well enough.

Capital one won't grant me a CLI on any of them.

Capital one won't let me consolidate them.

Balance transfers are in process that will nearly zero them out.  When those process, I will make teeny tiny payoff payments to five of them.  After all five of them report zero balances, I will try for SP CLI's.  (I fully expect denials again)  Then, I'll wait 30 days and try to consolidate them.  I fully expect denials based on four of the six being "non Capital One originated cards".

MJ made a good point about util, so I may just leave them sitting empty, but Capital One has been zero help to me for more than a few years now.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 16 of 31
driftless
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
Have you tried combining, or are some of those old Household acts?

One was Orchard, Two were Household, One was somebody else I can't remember.  Smiley Happy

They aren't paid off yet, so I haven't tried combining...but only two of them are original "Capital One" cards, so I believe that those would be the only two that I could combine.

Right?

They need to be zeroed out for you to combine them. They may not give you a CLI from the old Household accounts, my wife had an old Visa that was stuck at it's current CL that she combined into her QS.

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@driftless wrote:

@Marcos8 wrote:

Balance transfers are in process that will nearly zero them out.  When those process, I will make teeny tiny payoff payments to five of them.  After all five of them report zero balances, I will try for SP CLI's.  (I fully expect denials again)  Then, I'll wait 30 days and try to consolidate them.  I fully expect denials based on four of the six being "non Capital One originated cards".

MJ made a good point about util, so I may just leave them sitting empty, but Capital One has been zero help to me for more than a few years now.

I totally understand your frustration with Cap1. Been there, done that.

In order to combine at least one of your accounts must have a $0 balance. 

What were the reason(s) Cap 1 declined your CLIs?

How does your overall credit profile look? Were your Cap1 and/or other account's utilization 50% or higher?

Message 18 of 31
driftless
Valued Contributor

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

@driftless wrote:

@Marcos8 wrote:

I totally understand your frustration with Cap1. Been there, done that.

In order to combine at least one of your accounts must have a $0 balance. 

What were the reason(s) Cap 1 declined your CLIs?

How does your overall credit profile look? Were your Cap1 and/or other account's utilization 50% or higher?

I don't think that it has anything to do with his credit profile, there are a lot of posts that suggest that Cap One does not give CLI's for cards to originated with another lender.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 19 of 31
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Just keep them like MJ said. Utilization has been your enemy. After you get refinancing in place that's the time to dump them.
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.