cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lf higher limit/no af card to replace orchard by years end.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lf higher limit/no af card to replace orchard by years end.

I'm looking for a card with a higher limit and no af to replace my Orchard card before the $79 af pops back on in December.  Here's a quick rundown of my current cards and current scores.

Capital One CC: $750 limit, $130 used. $39 af (steps card, started at 500, bumped 250 at 4th statement, no word on any other steps though)

Orchard Bank CC: $300 limit, $70 used. $79 af

BBRZ CC: $300 limit, $100 used. No af

Care Credit: $1000 limit, $325 used. No af (purely used to finance wisdom tooth removal x4, ouch)

US Bank medical installment loan: $3600 original amount, $240 remaining

Exp FAKO: 650

TU Fico: 662

Eq Fico: 639

Exp has 3 paid collections on it, all medical.

TU has 1 paid collection on it, a parking ticket, SoL should have it falling off next month.

Eq has 4 paid collections on it, all medical, currently in dispute so it could fall to anywhere from 0-4.

Im still fighting to get all the medical collections removed, TU deleted all of them, Exp deleted 1 and still waiting ot hear from Eq.

All current open credit is less than a year old (aside from the loan which is 3+ years) and all of them have perfect payment history.

Anyway, Ive been in the process of rebuilding for a little over a year ago (when my scores were all well under 600) and its still an on going process but I really want to ditch my high af/low limit card and get something with no af and a limit at least equal to that of the capone. Yearly income is about 34k, any suggestions? I thought about trying another capone but I fear Ill get a low limit (plus they have afs on a few of their cards) as well as the Barnes and Noble card since they pull just TU from what i read.

Suggestions on where I may look? I will be waiting another 2 months for my TU baddie to fall off and overall useage to go a bit farther down.

Edit: I will also be returning to college this fall, if that opens up any windows for student cards.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: Lf higher limit/no af card to replace orchard by years end.

My first recommendation would be to check with your bank or credit union once the negative falls off next month.  They may be more likely to provide you with credit since you have deposit accounts with them.  Also, try the credit card estimator on the site to see what it offers.  Try it using your fico score, and then try it without using your score and with just answering the questions.  You may also want to try to pay your balances down lower prior to applying to show a lower utilization.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lf higher limit/no af card to replace orchard by years end.

Unfortunate for me, I bank through TCF who offers no credit cards and has recently added a $10 monthly fee to their "free" checking accounts. I guess this is a good time to look into switching over to a cu. As I said in my original post, I do plan on having lower utilization by time I actually apply for anything.

I'll try the estimater but I would love to hear any experience anyone has had with moving up the "cc limit" ladder in these ecomnomic times.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.