Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Orchard...Second Card?

tag
RIHomebuyer
Valued Member

Life After Orchard...Second Card?

After a lot of bad behavior in the range of 2000-2003 and the years of 2003-2010 spent paying off debt, my husband and I started cleaning up our credit last year.  I have a paid charge off and a string of late payments from a few years back, but no collections.  My only debt is a $2500 student loan.  Our last late payment was on student loans in February of 2010.  We each opened an Orchard card in March of 2010 and have not had any late payments or problems.  My score has gone up to 690, (EX 711, TU 679 TU 6 and we started shopping around for mortgages a few months ago, putting about 6 inquiries on my credit report, but no new credit since we opened Orchard.  Is it time to find another card, or should I stick with Orchard and wait until my scores are higher?  (The paid charge off was with Capitol One, so I'm assuming they won't be wanting me back...)  Any advice?

hr>Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ 696 EX(lender)711 TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Life After Orchard...Second Card?

try capitol one

Message 2 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

are those accurate FICO scores?

Message 3 of 7
RIHomebuyer
Valued Member

They are accurate scores, we had them pulled when we applied for a mortgage a month ago.   (I also have score watch, and the equifax score matches.)

Message 4 of 7
RIHomebuyer
Valued Member

I was considering an app for an AMEX Zync or Citi Platinum Select, or even a store card like a Kohl's or Amazon but didn't exactly want to waste another inq if I wasn't in the zone yet.  I'm just not sure of where to go from here with just a student loan and rebuilder card reporting.  I am still on the hunt for a house, but we're waiting for the right one to come along before we pull the trigger on our mortgage preapproval.

Message 5 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@RIHomebuyer wrote:

I was considering an app for an AMEX Zync or Citi Platinum Select, or even a store card like a Kohl's or Amazon but didn't exactly want to waste another inq if I wasn't in the zone yet.  I'm just not sure of where to go from here with just a student loan and rebuilder card reporting.  I am still on the hunt for a house, but we're waiting for the right one to come along before we pull the trigger on our mortgage preapproval.

I'm kind of curious to know what the zone is for this particular card. Anyone know???

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 7
vish1
Valued Contributor

@RIHomebuyer wrote:

If you think, you will be clicking pre-approval button in less than 3 months, wait till the point you get your home keys. If you are going to take longer than 3 months, check amex & discover pre selector. Don't apply for credit cards unless you get an pre approval.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.