Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likelihood of Sync Line Increases?

tag
emily15
Regular Contributor

Likelihood of Sync Line Increases?

Hello everyone
I've been reading up on the succes of CLI through chat vs. Button but i'm wondering what is the likelihood of getting CLI if they were just auto-increased? I received auto-increases on my old navy and hit the luv button on my amazon and walmart I can't remember whether it was auto or luv..

Both amazon and walmart very tiny increases but they just happened...is it a better idea to wait or should I try chat?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
VegasMom
Regular Contributor

Re: Likelihood of Sync Line Increases?

I've asked for a cli after getting good a small auto increase from the love button and it was approved. My first cli on Walmart card (SL 500) was a couple hundred bucks on the love button. I chatted and asked for more and got 4k. In general I've had better luck calling than chatting or love button. Others has posted the opposite so see what works for you. Good luck and report back!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of us are not able to get increases through the luv button. And, even if one did, as you said, it would be only small increases. Same with auto-increases. Most of our successes came from chat or CS. They immediately grant large increases. Why wait a year or more to have it grow to just $2000, when you can get that now?

As you can see, ymmv. But, most of us have gotten immediate increases to $3500, some more. So good luck!!
Message 3 of 10
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Most of us are not able to get increases through the luv button. And, even if one did, as you said, it would be only small increases. Same with auto-increases. Most of our successes came from chat or CS. They immediately grant large increases. Why wait a year or more to have it grow to just $2000, when you can get that now?

As you can see, ymmv. But, most of us have gotten immediate increases to $3500, some more. So good luck!!

Most? Synch isn't that stingy. Got my amazon store card from a CL of $200 or whatever it was to now $5,000 after 2 years.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 4 of 10
emily15
Regular Contributor

Do I have to ask if it will be a SP? And if they ask for an amount do they always counter if it's too high? Or will they deny it.. seems from what I've read they will counter but I don't want to go too high
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emily15 wrote:
Do I have to ask if it will be a SP? And if they ask for an amount do they always counter if it's too high? Or will they deny it.. seems from what I've read they will counter but I don't want to go too high

"too high" to you may not be too high for them. Think of a number you are content with and just ask them. No fear Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@emily15 wrote:

They don't counter ... at least for me but they are never HP's so there no risk. At least the cards that I have with them aren't HP's

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 10
VegasMom
Regular Contributor

For me always SP and always counter (except Care Credit of course). If they don't counter you probably left money on the table. I got approved for Amazon for around $2500. Don't remember exact amount. Called in same day asked for 10k they gave me 6k.
Message 8 of 10
emily15
Regular Contributor

Well I wish I had better news BUT i'm not complaining. . I really wanted the amazon increase but my uti is high on that account and just got a small increase so i'm not surprised I got the "wait for a letter" denial ..(after requesting 5k)

Contacted wally and asked for 3k , approved. no counter offer.  I was at (160/500) new limit 3000.

contacted old navy i was at (65/1300) asked for 2000, approved. ( I don't really need or want that card to be too high so I didn't ask for more..but would love to get an upgraded card eventually)..

Anyway, I will wait for Amazon's letter and pay down the balance (currently at 880/1100)..and then try again. 

Thanks for all your advice! 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My banana republic card went from 10 to 20k lol
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.