cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Likelihood of approval for Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards?

tag
sdchrgrboy
Contributor

Re: Likelihood of approval for Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards?

@Anonymous wrote:
Paying it in full without deletion adds no benefit at all for a non-manual review, which most approvals are.

For a Manual Review - They'll see it as paid but honestly any reasonable underwriter would note that it is 6 years old and pay little, if any attention to it paid or unpaid.

I've checked CreditPulls Database and there a plenty who have applied and been approved with 670+ FICO scores I would say you're definitely good to apply! Smiley Happy

What about the benefit of a clear conscience? 

$325k Total Limits, 4% Util
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the cost of hurting your credit? I personally would be fine leaving it as is. If the FICO scoring system did not set it up so that if OP paid and it updated as paid that they would be adversely affected then by all means pay it. But it would likely hurt them, so why do something that is harmful to you?
Message 12 of 15
thummel
Established Contributor

My question would be if the OP is over 5/24. Pretty sure southwest is part of that rule.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd try to get utilization a bit lower then apply!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could probably get my util down to....20% maybe?
Would that be ok?
And I am definitely in the clear for the 5/24 rule, I have been cleaning up my report and haven't even applied for anything since January 2016.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.