Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited 50k offer for Capital One Venture

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Limited 50k offer for Capital One Venture

http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/01/03/50000-point-capital-one-venture-card/#more-57446

As reported on a blog the new account bonus is up from 20k to 50k for the capital one venture. 

Pros: 50k bonus worth $500 on travel, 2 "miles" per dollar spent

Cons: Capital One. Triple pulls, 

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Limited 50k offer for Capital One Venture

Thanks for sharing. This is a very tempting offer.... Wondering if I should apply!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 56
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu wrote:
Thanks for sharing. This is a very tempting offer.... Wondering if I should apply!

Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 56
enharu
Super Contributor

It isn't as good as the 100k miles offer from 2010 (doubt that's coming back, but who knows?), but it's still a good offer for $500 off travel. Could use it as an excuse to make an additional 1-2 day trip to Vegas!

On the downside, the triple pull is tad too harsh
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 56
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Wow... This is tempting!
Message 5 of 56
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:
Wow... This is tempting!

Pick this up and an Arrival and you've good on incidental charges for a good long while. 

Message 6 of 56
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
It isn't as good as the 100k miles offer from 2010 (doubt that's coming back, but who knows?), but it's still a good offer for $500 off travel. Could use it as an excuse to make an additional 1-2 day trip to Vegas!

On the downside, the triple pull is tad too harsh

Honestly, as tempting as it may seem, save your triples.  The SPG would be a better addition Smiley Tongue   I have the Venture WMC - it's *ok*.

Message 8 of 56
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Well, I bit the bullet... and was not expected to be approved since I just applied for the venture one last month which was approved.

Approved for 45k... WHAT! Yeah, I'm sitting here in shock as I had no idea that was even possible (and is now my highest limit card). 

Message 9 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Well, I bit the bullet... and was not expected to be approved since I just applied for the venture one last month which was approved.

Approved for 45k... WHAT! Yeah, I'm sitting here in shock as I had no idea that was even possible (and is now my highest limit card). 

Great CL from Cap One!  I thought I was doing well with $33k on my quicksilver.

Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.