Limited 50k offer for Capital One Venture

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Limited 50k offer for Capital One Venture

@enharu wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@enharu wrote:

not too sure for the CSP. I'm gonna ask for 50 and let them counter. If denied, then I probably will reallocate CLs from other cards to the CSP.

Yea same here I'm just looking around to see what nice sign-up bonuses there are.

WF is coming up with some new cards this year, but so far it doesn't look that attractive.

the 2k cap on the Cash+ is probably what hurt me most...... :/

In the Dec statement alone I got about $740ish worth of cashback. But now it's capped at $100 every 3 months....

Welcome to my CB world  LOL... I recall you were able to get the uncapped structure cuz you apped before July.  I was the lucky one that apped in July... suckah!!! LOL

LOL 

I have not received any confirmation / letter from USBank yet though. I'll try put some charges over 2k and see if my account is indeed limited from now on.

Some of my restaurant charges did not make it into the month of December as well.... Would have been nice if my charge at Mastros was posted in Dec, but it took its own sweet time and posted on 2nd Jan Smiley Mad Now I have $1200 left on the spending cap.

Oh my Mastro's Steakhouse?!?! Yumm!  Oh, Ouchies!!!  Hmmm, too bad they can't go by the Transaction date (maybe you can persuade them?).

Message 31 of 56
enharu
Super Contributor

It was the Mastro ocean club at crystals in Vegas. I doubt they will be able to do that and I don't want to start a fuss for just $40.

Oh well all good things have to come to an end I suppose. Just wish I had milked it out more when I could have.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 32 of 56
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Well, I bit the bullet... and was not expected to be approved since I just applied for the venture one last month which was approved.

Approved for 45k... WHAT! Yeah, I'm sitting here in shock as I had no idea that was even possible (and is now my highest limit card). 

Smiley Surprised

As much as I rag on Cap1, I really want to go for this too.  3 pulls though...ugh.  What's your AAoA?

Message 33 of 56
katie04
Valued Member

So very tempting...

Scores: EX: 730 (12/9) EQ: 726 (10/29) TU (Disc IT): 762 (03/10)
Goal: 750 across the board

My wallet: Citi Dividend Platinum Select $8100 | Chase Freedom Visa Siggy $6000 | Capital One Quicksilver $5250 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000 | Discover IT $4000 | Sam's Club LOC $2700 | Victoria's Secret $2590 | BOA Better Balance $2000 | Express $1560 | Target $1000
Message 34 of 56
Open123
Super Contributor

Nice offer and extremely tempting.  A few years ago, I had gotten the 100k one, but have had the card cancelled for several years now.  Wonder if I can apply again, and squeek through with another 50K.

But, the 3 HP....for a single HP, I would definitely take the risk.

Message 35 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

Nice offer and extremely tempting.  A few years ago, I had gotten the 100k one, but have had the card cancelled for several years now.  Wonder if I can apply again, and squeek through with another 50K.

Well, tha't the thing that makes most hesitate, it's those 3 HPs.  I'm sure if everything is in good order, you could probably get approved and still get the 50K bonus offer.

Message 36 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@enharu wrote:
It was the Mastro ocean club at crystals in Vegas. I doubt they will be able to do that and I don't want to start a fuss for just $40.

Oh well all good things have to come to an end I suppose. Just wish I had milked it out more when I could have.

OT: I tried to get an answer from US Bank and didn't succeed.  We paid a vet bill of just over $2K on Dec 31st, and it didn't post till Jan 2.  I wanted to know if this used up all the cap for Q1 2014 but no reply.   However, it looks like I am getting rewards for some follow up visits this week, but can't fully confirm till the Feb statement closes.  So you still be OK for your $40!

Message 37 of 56
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I went for it. Instant approval $5k. As suspected, 3 pulls.
Message 38 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:
I went for it. Instant approval $5k. As suspected, 3 pulls.

LOL... Well, at least you got approved!  Congrats!  Visa Signature or WMC?

Message 39 of 56
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

+1. That 100k offer was the best I'd ever seen from Cap1, but I doubt we'll be seeing that again soon.

Also they limited it to those who could show that they had 50k in charges on another travel card in the previous calendar year. Even if they came out with that again, that restriction leaves out many people.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 40 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.