Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line of Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line of Credit

Hello all i am new to the forum so exscuse me if i am posting this in the wrong area. I assumed this was as close as it gets.

I am curious what sucess everyone has had with line of credit approvals. My scores are as follows: TU:731 Exp:708 Equifax:712. I have ABSOLUTELY zero monthly recurring debt as i just paid everything off about 2 months ago. I am 22 years old and gross about 2800 monthly. My credit history is only about a 3.5 years including 3 CC with 7500 available between them and a paid of 5000 4 year instalment loan i paid off in 2. The reason i would like to go with an unsecured LOC is because i would like to use it to supplement the birth of my first child. I know the between doctors visits and medical expenses i should plan on about 15k. With the repayment term, interest rate, and flexibilty the LOC has, i do not want to use the CC's as the interest rates are 19.99% . My fiance has terrible credit (were working on it) so it will be a sole app this time. just curious as to what input anyone has for approval odds and where to go or what steps i should take to get there.

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Line of Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all i am new to the forum so exscuse me if i am posting this in the wrong area. I assumed this was as close as it gets.

I am curious what sucess everyone has had with line of credit approvals. My scores are as follows: TU:731 Exp:708 Equifax:712. I have ABSOLUTELY zero monthly recurring debt as i just paid everything off about 2 months ago. I am 22 years old and gross about 2800 monthly. My credit history is only about a 3.5 years including 3 CC with 7500 available between them and a paid of 5000 4 year instalment loan i paid off in 2. The reason i would like to go with an unsecured LOC is because i would like to use it to supplement the birth of my first child. I know the between doctors visits and medical expenses i should plan on about 15k. With the repayment term, interest rate, and flexibilty the LOC has, i do not want to use the CC's as the interest rates are 19.99% . My fiance has terrible credit (were working on it) so it will be a sole app this time. just curious as to what input anyone has for approval odds and where to go or what steps i should take to get there.

thanks in advance

before you app for anything let a few bucks report on one of your CCs to the CRAs, all revolvers at 0 scores as if you are using 30% of your lines.. I dont see a problem with you getting a PLOC, check around and see who will give you the lowest rates including national CUs and remember there is no grace period for interest with a PLOC it starts day the advance hits the line.

Welcome to MyFico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you i really appriciate the advice.

The three CC's i have are as follows;

Wells Fargo 1500 limit

American Airlines 500 limit

GE Capitol 5500 limit.

As i said all are at zero right now

I am assuming use the wells fargo card for a couple hundred bucks the next few months and pay the balance in full?

Any reccomendations on banks or credit unions?

I have been with wells fargo for 4-5 years and never missed any payments with them or anywhere. Should i start there or are there some better options out there? only looking for 15k.

Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you i really appriciate the advice.

The three CC's i have are as follows;

Wells Fargo 1500 limit

American Airlines 500 limit

GE Capitol 5500 limit.

As i said all are at zero right now

I am assuming use the wells fargo card for a couple hundred bucks the next few months and pay the balance in full? You can use to the full limit but you only want 1-9% of your card CL reporting to the CRA, I would let no more than 50 report on the WF card..

Any reccomendations on banks or credit unions? The national ones I know of are DCU, SDFCU, NASA, PenFed and Navy Federal if you can qualify would be the best shot.

I have been with wells fargo for 4-5 years and never missed any payments with them or anywhere. Should i start there or are there some better options out there? You can check and see what their rates would be nothing wrong with that, as I said in my first post check with your local CUs as well. only looking for 15k. Im not sure you would be able to get 15K from just one source your revolving limits are not anywhere near that figure. Ypu might want to take a look at Synchrony Banks Care Credit Card there are 0% offers available on that card, you would need to check and see if your docs/hospital will take the card, you would only want to use this card if you can acutally PIF before the 0% time runs out as the interest rate is even more outrageous than what you have now.

Message 4 of 10
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

Line of Credit seems rarer nowadays, I must admit.

I can only think of Santander Personal Line of Credit.(certain states only). You can apply online.

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoshuaHolySpirit wrote:

Line of Credit seems rarer nowadays, I must admit.

I can only think of Santander Personal Line of Credit.(certain states only). You can apply online.

Not sure what you mean by rarer.  Lots of CUs have PLOCs.

Message 6 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am curious what sucess everyone has had with line of credit approvals.

Experience will vary.  Credit varies from person to person.  Creditors vary in their approval critiera.  You can't simply rely on odds.

Message 7 of 10
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

Not sure where you are located, but there are other ways to meet eligibility, but BECU (Boeing Employees Credit Union) offers PLOC's with no fees, and seem to be some of the best rates out there.

I have a penfed account and they offer PLOC's with good rates and fees as well, but they have tough underwriting standards.

Message 8 of 10
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

For what it is worth - if you are interested in continuing to build a strong banking relationship with Wells Fargo, I would recommend Wells Fargo.  To my knowledge Citi and Wells Fargo are the only 2 major banks that offer unsecured personal lines of credit.  

Who knows - in a few years, having an additional banking product with Wells Fargo may increase your chances of obtaining other Wells products down the road i.e. mortgage, new car loan, etc.

Message 9 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you could get a line of credit with wells but it just looks like you have a thin file and bad cards if you don't want to use your credit cards because they are 20%.

Have you checked the pre-qual's at each bank website lately to see if you have offers?:

citicards.com

chase.com

americanexpress.com

capitalone.com

All 4 of these companies have online "pre-qual" without a credit check to see if they find an offer for you for a new credit based on rewards you want, or low interest, etc. and all 4 of them are pretty much as good as approved if you get an offer and decide to apply.

With your current line up of cards I would actually probably take a card from each issuer if they offer you one through the pre-qual and in the order I have listed!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.