Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line of credit

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Line of credit

@cdtotten wrote:

For a borrower with good credit scores, you should have no problem securing a LOC (secured) in the Prime +1 to Prime +2 range. Anything over 6% for a good borrower I would consider high in the current economy.

Both Fifth Third and my Credit Union (Alliant) are offering LOCs at prime +.5.

but i am not interested in a HELOC, if that is what you are referring to. i am interested in an unsecured LOC to cover my checking account. If they can offer a LOC with an interest rate of 13.99 or less, it would be beneficial to me, in case i needed to carry a larger balance, and provided i decided it was beneficial to carry the balance on the LOC.

i like knowing i have access to pure cash whenever i need it. i want to be able to cut someone a check, if i felt it was the right thing to do, if i am in a situation where i know when the need is there and knowing the end result will very likely benefit me.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 11 of 12
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: Line of credit

if i am correct, with the unsecured LOC, i receive the benefit of free overdraft protection. so that is also something i would like to have.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.