Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

Just curious if any of you AMEX members use this on FB? They offer lots of rebates, etc. but you gotta sync your AMEX card with the app on FB.

Seems like lots of people are doing it, but do any of you all have any personal experience with it? Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

@j_casteel wrote:

Just curious if any of you AMEX members use this on FB? They offer lots of rebates, etc. but you gotta sync your AMEX card with the app on FB.

Seems like lots of people are doing it, but do any of you all have any personal experience with it? Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

I haven't done this with facebook however I have linked and taken advantage of many of their promotions via twitter.....It's legit.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 23
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

took them up on a couple deals, but you have to do it with in a couple days or they cancel the deal, Missed out on a couple deals even though i made the purchases. So lost my excitement for the program. 

I would recomend not giving out too much info about your self on the twitter/facebook accounts you link your AMEX too. Giving out phone number, address, the fact you have one or more AMEX cards isn't a safe thing these days.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES!!!  They have several promotions.  If you buy something with your American Express card (co-branded types of Amex work too) at one of the small businesses that's on their list within your community, you can get $20 back.  My husband and I both did that.  Also, right now, they have a promotion going for Shell gasoline - if you buy $25 of gas at Shell, they'll give you $5.00 back.  They've always got something going that's easily affordable and gives you cash back.  

Message 4 of 23
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

So apparently its something people are doing and I should also take advantage of these sweet deals?

lol, i guess i'll go ahead and try it out. I use FB more than Twitter (have an account but literally never use it).

Thanks,

John

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would assume any app or website that AMEX use should be legit and safe. I personally get more than $100 in rebates in last 6 month.

The good thing is these rebates are not per account, but per card. So, if you have a AU on your account, they can also earn those cash backs.

Message 6 of 23
calogan
Established Member

Totally legit, here is a smattering of emails from them after my purchases...

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX you saved $$10.00 on your purchase at Staples. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $10.00 on your purchase at Panera Bread. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $5.00 on your purchase at McDonalds. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $50.00 on your purchase of $102.50 at Ticketmaster. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXX, you saved $10.00 on your purchase of $10.00 at Best Buy. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Message 7 of 23
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would assume any app or website that AMEX use should be legit and safe. I personally get more than $100 in rebates in last 6 month.

The good thing is these rebates are not per account, but per card. So, if you have a AU on your account, they can also earn those cash backs.

I know, but i just didn't want to assume and sync my AMEX CC with a FB app and have my personal info in more places than it needs to be. Thats why i wanted to get some thoughts from people who have actually used it on here.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 23
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@calogan wrote:

Totally legit, here is a smattering of emails from them after my purchases...

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX you saved $$10.00 on your purchase at Staples. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $10.00 on your purchase at Panera Bread. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $5.00 on your purchase at McDonalds. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $50.00 on your purchase of $102.50 at Ticketmaster. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXX, you saved $10.00 on your purchase of $10.00 at Best Buy. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Thats a lot of savings!...awesome!! Being a new AMEX card member...i'm starting to see why so many love them.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 9 of 23
Essence
Contributor

Wow! That is a ton of savings!
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.