Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,927
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

Just curious if any of you AMEX members use this on FB? They offer lots of rebates, etc. but you gotta sync your AMEX card with the app on FB.

 

Seems like lots of people are doing it, but do any of you all have any personal experience with it? Thoughts?

 

Thanks,

 

John

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Super Contributor
Posts: 9,668
Registered: ‎01-28-2010
0

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?


j_casteel wrote:

Just curious if any of you AMEX members use this on FB? They offer lots of rebates, etc. but you gotta sync your AMEX card with the app on FB.

 

Seems like lots of people are doing it, but do any of you all have any personal experience with it? Thoughts?

 

Thanks,

 

John


I haven't done this with facebook however I have linked and taken advantage of many of their promotions via twitter.....It's legit.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
New Visitor
Posts: 2,339
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

took them up on a couple deals, but you have to do it with in a couple days or they cancel the deal, Missed out on a couple deals even though i made the purchases. So lost my excitement for the program. 

 

I would recomend not giving out too much info about your self on the twitter/facebook accounts you link your AMEX too. Giving out phone number, address, the fact you have one or more AMEX cards isn't a safe thing these days.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak/Freeom 4.6k, FNBO DISC 20.1k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 6k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 12k Sally Mae5.5k Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 7.5k, CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 5.9k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 7k, Discover IT 11.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP/HP 4/22/2015
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,142
Registered: ‎09-01-2011
0

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

YES!!!  They have several promotions.  If you buy something with your American Express card (co-branded types of Amex work too) at one of the small businesses that's on their list within your community, you can get $20 back.  My husband and I both did that.  Also, right now, they have a promotion going for Shell gasoline - if you buy $25 of gas at Shell, they'll give you $5.00 back.  They've always got something going that's easily affordable and gives you cash back.  



Husband's Current Score: EX 691 CUSC; EQ 694; TU 687; Mine: EX 773 (AMEX); EQ 720; TU 750
Wallet Contents: SECURED: Capital One Platinum Mastercard, US Bank Harley Davidson Visa, USAA Bank American Express;
UNSECURED: Chase Freedom; USAA Cash Rewards World Mastercard, Discover More, CUSC Platinum Rewards Visa, American Express Zinc, American Express Blue Cash Preferred, Amazon Card, Walmart Discover Card
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,927
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

So apparently its something people are doing and I should also take advantage of these sweet deals?

 

lol, i guess i'll go ahead and try it out. I use FB more than Twitter (have an account but literally never use it).

 

Thanks,

 

John

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Regular Contributor
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎05-27-2012
0

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

I would assume any app or website that AMEX use should be legit and safe. I personally get more than $100 in rebates in last 6 month.

The good thing is these rebates are not per account, but per card. So, if you have a AU on your account, they can also earn those cash backs.

Wallet: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred 5k; BofA Visa CashRewards 5k; BofA 1-2-3 MasterCard 4.4k; Citi TY Premier 2.5k; AMEX HHonors 3.5k, Chase Marriott 5k, Barclays US Airways 2.5k, Kohl's 300
Established Member
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎02-22-2012
0

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

Totally legit, here is a smattering of emails from them after my purchases...

 

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX you saved $$10.00 on your purchase at Staples. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $10.00 on your purchase at Panera Bread. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $5.00 on your purchase at McDonalds. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $50.00 on your purchase of $102.50 at Ticketmaster. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXX, you saved $10.00 on your purchase of $10.00 at Best Buy. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,927
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?


BCF wrote:

I would assume any app or website that AMEX use should be legit and safe. I personally get more than $100 in rebates in last 6 month.

The good thing is these rebates are not per account, but per card. So, if you have a AU on your account, they can also earn those cash backs.



I know, but i just didn't want to assume and sync my AMEX CC with a FB app and have my personal info in more places than it needs to be. Thats why i wanted to get some thoughts from people who have actually used it on here.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,927
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?


calogan wrote:

Totally legit, here is a smattering of emails from them after my purchases...

 

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX you saved $$10.00 on your purchase at Staples. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $10.00 on your purchase at Panera Bread. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $5.00 on your purchase at McDonalds. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXXX, you saved $50.00 on your purchase of $102.50 at Ticketmaster. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.

Congratulations! By using your synced American Express® Card ending in XXXX, you saved $10.00 on your purchase of $10.00 at Best Buy. Expect a statement credit in 3-5 days.



Thats a lot of savings!...awesome!! Being a new AMEX card member...i'm starting to see why so many love them.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
New Contributor
Posts: 64
Registered: ‎06-28-2012
0

Re: Link>Like>Love...is it safe and legit?

Wow! That is a ton of savings!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.