Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Of Shopping Cart Trick Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List Of Shopping Cart Trick Credit Cards

Nope. And Kohls pulls EX to add insult to injury.
Message 121 of 253
kdm31091
Super Contributor

So with Kohl's you have to actually apply and take a HP? Damn, well that's not happening this year for me! I can't really afford a HP for what will likely be a 300 dollar limit.

Message 122 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

So with Kohl's you have to actually apply and take a HP? Damn, well that's not happening this year for me! I can't really afford a HP for what will likely be a 300 dollar limit.

Kohls is administered by Cap1 and they seem bent on having HPs for everything (based on my reading of various threads). Also seems they are some what conservative on starting CLs. You can have my card as I find other ways that are better offers for Kohls than I ever got from Kohls. Further, not having a Kohls card with all the other bank cards I have is just one less card I have to worry about for inactivity. Still open since 2009 but it is on my close list for 2015.

Message 123 of 253
starry1
Valued Contributor

I also wanted to add that Gordmans is no longer on the list since they deleted their online shopping.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 124 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I am now officially in the garden after failing at getting Barclays card with 630 TU, however came across this.  My question is, when the pre approval popped up for me at JCREW, they asked for my bithdate and last four of SSN and asked to apply (showed interest rate and everything).  This will only count as a SP and not a HP?  Do Express, JCREW, overstock report to the 3 credit bureaus?  This seems to easy to gain credit without a HP.  Let me know everything about this, please!

Message 125 of 253
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Yes, JCrew and Overstock are SP. They report to the CRAs if you use them.

Good luck.

Message 126 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

tiger, is Express a soft pull too?  When I get to the checkout stage, I did recieve a pop up stating I was pre approved but it almost looked like a credit card application witth the APR and entering last four of SSN.  Thanks for the info. 

Message 127 of 253
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

Yes, it's a SP. Last 4 of SSN (not full) is the indicator.

Message 128 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overstock brought me to an application that is requesting my whole SSN, is this going to be a HP?

Message 129 of 253
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Overstock brought me to an application that is requesting my whole SSN, is this going to be a HP?

It wasn't for me a month ago

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 130 of 253
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.