Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Of Shopping Cart Trick Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List Of Shopping Cart Trick Credit Cards

if your scores are low getting a bunch of accounts won't help....it's best to get a few accounts charge some things pay them off and get those numbers up higher. when you get a bunch of worthless SCT accounts it just makes it harder in the future to get the high-end cards. 

Message 241 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does it hurt your chances of getting prime cards in the future? If you're starting out with little to no credit history and an low/average credit score, getting SCT cards with no hard pull and your AAoA being irrelevant since you have no credit history... I dont understand how that hurts your chances of getting a prime card down the road. It would be different if you have an established credit history and then open a bunch of new SCT accounts, decreasing your AAoA, adding inquiries, etc. Obviously that would be a bad idea, but if you have little to no credit history and have zero accounts, it will help you build your credit profile. SCT cards are not inherently bad and lenders don't look at them on your credit profile as trash, they look at how you handle accounts. Any account in good standing is better than no account at all. So it's not neccesarily the SCT accounts, it's your overal credit profile and you have to look at your profile and consider a personalized plan to improve your file whether that means SCT or no SCT.

Message 242 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

because if you apply for a "high end" card most will tell you the reason you were denied was "too many new accounts" ....I believe people get addicted to the SCT and the approvals and don't realize it's hurting their chances in the future....all those "new accounts" take time to age and that hurts your score. people can do whatever they want but getting more than 3 store accounts is hurting you more than helping you. I only accepted 2 store accounts and I let them age for about 6 months and discover came calling first....6 months later Citi bank came calling....I believe if I would have gone out and accepted every SCT card- account offered they wouldn't have offered me a card if I had 5 or 6 new accounts because it makes you look like you are desperate for credit and credit card companies frown at that. 2-3 accounts is plenty to establish a payment history and show you can be responsible with credit....but stacking up accounts just because they are offered with hurt you more than help you.

Message 243 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see what you mean but I think we need to be clear that this isn't specific to SCT cards. It isn't the card, it is the number of new accounts. Obviously lots of new accounts are frowned upon, but I think when people read your comment they think you mean SCT cards are different in some way and therefor hurt your credit file by being non-prime cards. Which is not the case. SCT cards are not inherently bad, but they are easy to get. Opening 10 of them all at once isn't the best idea but they'll age just like any other account and help develop your file. 👍🏼

Message 244 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the SCT accounts because that's the accounts that most people over do it with....they figure no hard pull so it's ok...but when a big bank looks at your profile they see 5-6 new accounts and see you more as a threat than a good customer. You never want to look desperate when it comes to credit. I started out with a Fico score in the low 500's and now I have a 780 fico score. and all I needed was two new accounts and yes SCT cards to prove myself ...now I have cards from Amex to chase....you just have to be very patient with a credit file while it's new and not to over do it with new accounts while it's still developing....new accounts always hurt your score in some way but they mean less to banks as your credit file matures and there's actually a history to look at. 

Message 245 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a follow up on my last post.

I have not received the Sportsman Guide Visa yet, but it showed on CK as $5000, SP.

I also got a Willams Sonoma Visa with SCP, still waiting on the card and its CL, HP.

I continue to get cards because my AoAA is around 1y7m, FICO around 690, usage around $3k of $60k. highest card is $16.5k CapOne QS, started at $500 3 years ago.

I want MC/VISA's because I can use them for my buisness. I am able to move the money around without paying interest or cash advance fees.

Message 246 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be careful opening too many Comenity issued MasterCard and Visa accounts! I saw on a few other threads that multiple Visa/MasterCard accounts with Comenity was triggering a review of some sort and they closed down all of their accounts without notice. I don't know why this happened but several people have talked about it recently. I'd stick to 1 Comenity issued Visa/MasterCard. Congrats on the approvals though and good luck!
Message 247 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

can you explain what you did for my points and total rewards? Im confused by them lol

Message 248 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just be careful opening too many Comenity issued MasterCard and Visa accounts! I saw on a few other threads that multiple Visa/MasterCard accounts with Comenity was triggering a review of some sort and they closed down all of their accounts without notice. I don't know why this happened but several people have talked about it recently. I'd stick to 1 Comenity issued Visa/MasterCard. Congrats on the approvals though and good luck!

It's not an issue that is restricted to Visa or Mastercard accounts. Many people have been shut down who have had only Comenity store cards as well. Opening a lot of accounts at one time, especially with a single lender, is not a good idea. Read the many threads in which Comenity has shut people down and you will see why.

Several people were also shut down by Comenity who only had one Comenity store card, but had a lot of other inquiries on their credit reports. Comenity has been reported lately as taking action when people have many inquiries on reports. Proceed with caution.

Good luck. Smiley Happy

Message 249 of 253
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one for Walmart came in the mail for me, anyway.

Message 250 of 253
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.