Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of 2% Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: List of 2% Credit Cards

@longtimelurker wrote:

While it's a pretty small thing, if you spend $1K a month, with DC you would get $10 (+$10 for payment) which isn't enough to meet the $25 threshold.   Blispay would give you $20 automatically at statement close as a credit.

I haven't applied for Blispay, but if I were apping, and didn't have Citi DC (and Fid Visa) I would go for it, merely because of this convenience  While the relative newness is a concern, read all the posts when the DC started where there was loads of speculation that 2% on a MC was unsustainable and that Citi would nerf that card soon.

(Now Blispay, with its no interest offers and immediate redemption,  sounds much more unsustainable than DC, but since we appear to have been wrong there, at least so far, I wouldn't worry about it)

That's good information, thank you.  Another very small thing that I like is that the Blispay card is a Visa which for some reason is just mentally pleasing to me as it's the widest used type.  In another thread that I asked this question about, someone cited an advantage of the DC card being that it has a good extended warranty feature and a cash rewind feature, two things I'm unaware of and/or if Blispay has any built in perks that I don't know about.

Message 41 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cjesser15 wrote:
Thanks for the responses! Sounds like Blispay is a favorite.

And to answer the question, I'm replacing double cash because of my low credit limit. For whatever reason it's far lower than most my others and doesn't seem to grow. I also have had some less than ideal experiences with their customer service. Just don't think Citi is for me.

If you're willing to take a HP for another card, why not just use a HP and ask for the CL you want on your DC?

Message 42 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I'm looking for opinions on a 2% CB "daily driver" type card to use outside of rewards cards.  Basically a card to use for monthly recurring bills and every day basic purchases.  I'd probably run about $1k through it per month, maybe $1.5k give or take.

I've been looking at the Citi DC card for a while, but recently became interested in the Blispay card after reading about it on here a bunch.  In deciding between the two, what should really be considered?

While it's a pretty small thing, if you spend $1K a month, with DC you would get $10 (+$10 for payment) which isn't enough to meet the $25 threshold.   Blispay would give you $20 automatically at statement close as a credit.

I haven't applied for Blispay, but if I were apping, and didn't have Citi DC (and Fid Visa) I would go for it, merely because of this convenience  While the relative newness is a concern, read all the posts when the DC started where there was loads of speculation that 2% on a MC was unsustainable and that Citi would nerf that card soon.

(Now Blispay, with its no interest offers and immediate redemption,  sounds much more unsustainable than DC, but since we appear to have been wrong there, at least so far, I wouldn't worry about it)

I think it's interesting that people criticize (not saying you're criticizing, you're pointing out facts) DC for the 1+1 or the $25 redemption, or other cards with higher redemption thresholds, but everyone is excited about/fine with the Costco Amex/Visa (and maybe Sam's does the same thing) where you have to wait up to a YEAR for your redeption. Honestly, that's got me wondering if the extra % on restaurants is worth using it for that. 

Message 43 of 52
yillb
Established Member

Just thought I'd chime in here. If you apply for the capital one business spark 2% cash back, there is NO AF ( ever ), I found this out the suprised way. I moved my business to them, applied for the card, and noticed there was no AF. It's waived if done at a branch. Also, it's a business card, but they don't seem to really check business credit. Just say your a Sole propieter, and you should be good. They also issue limits as low as 500, it's also a visa Sig card ( not sure if that matters to anyone ), I got approved with a 640, but had 800k in the bank, not sure if they helped or not? 6 months no interest ( 9 months if you do it online, but that has an AF ). Seems like the extra 3 months with no interest is useless if you get no AF, so it's a solid 2% card, I started with 500 about 3 months ago, I spend 500 every few days, pay it off, and start all over again, they quickly raised my limit to 9500. 

Message 44 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to add, regarding the Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, it's not restricted by county as stated. I could see it being more difficult to join the credit union outside the state of New Mexico, but even then I've heard of people out of state getting in and getting approved for this card. If you get the card it's 2% for the first 90 days, regardless of county (or state).

https://www.nusenda.org/loans-credit-cards/credit-cards/platinum-cash-rewards-credit-card

Message 45 of 52
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this thread is a few weeks old, but I'm looking for opinions on a 2% CB "daily driver" type card to use outside of rewards cards.  Basically a card to use for monthly recurring bills and every day basic purchases.  I'd probably run about $1k through it per month, maybe $1.5k give or take.

I've been looking at the Citi DC card for a while, but recently became interested in the Blispay card after reading about it on here a bunch.  In deciding between the two, what should really be considered?

What are the benefits and drawbacks of each compared to the other?  Shooting from the hip, with my limited knowledge I perceive the following:

The Citi DC card has been around longer and Blispay obviously not very long and the future of Blispay isn't very clear at this time.  While SL's may be comparable on both cards, the DC has the potential for a higher CL over time as you can receive CLI's where Blispay stays at its SL forever as far as I know.  The big advantage to Blispay I suppose would be the interest free financing on purchases over $199 which to me is an attractive feature over the DC.  Another Blispay "advantage" would be that it doesn't report so far from what some have said on here, if you personally consider that an advantage over DC.  As far as the fine print goes, I don't know much about the additional benefits of either card.  Some have said that getting the 2% CB rewards with DC takes a while since it's 1% + 1% and you have to pay it off to get half of it... but I PIF so I don't think that would really matter to me.  I know the Blispay 2% back comes in the form of statement credit, not sure if that matters vs DC. 

Why not app for both DC and Blispay together?  Smiley Happy  It doesn't necessarily need to be mutually-exclusive, in mho?

Message 46 of 52
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

That's good information, thank you.  Another very small thing that I like is that the Blispay card is a Visa which for some reason is just mentally pleasing to me as it's the widest used type.  In another thread that I asked this question about, someone cited an advantage of the DC card being that it has a good extended warranty feature and a cash rewind feature, two things I'm unaware of and/or if Blispay has any built in perks that I don't know about.

Maybe VISA is more widely-accepted in the U.S., but I thought I read somewhere here on the forum that MC is possibly more broadly accepted in Europe?

ETA:  YMMV of course, but for some reason for me historically, my MCs have nearly-100% of the time carried better terms (at least for APR alone), than any of my VISAs?  My Unify VISA is 9.99% F, but that didn't happen until earlier this month.

Message 47 of 52
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@yillb wrote:

Just thought I'd chime in here. If you apply for the capital one business spark 2% cash back, there is NO AF ( ever ), I found this out the suprised way. I moved my business to them, applied for the card, and noticed there was no AF. It's waived if done at a branch. Also, it's a business card, but they don't seem to really check business credit. Just say your a Sole propieter, and you should be good. They also issue limits as low as 500, it's also a visa Sig card ( not sure if that matters to anyone ), I got approved with a 640, but had 800k in the bank, not sure if they helped or not? 6 months no interest ( 9 months if you do it online, but that has an AF ). Seems like the extra 3 months with no interest is useless if you get no AF, so it's a solid 2% card, I started with 500 about 3 months ago, I spend 500 every few days, pay it off, and start all over again, they quickly raised my limit to 9500. 

Except you can't app for the Spark card if you don't have a business, right?  Smiley Sad  I was really interested in it, but aren't people who aren't business owners automatically considered ineligible to app for it?

Message 48 of 52
mattun
Established Member

I had a hell of a time personally with Spark.  I was basically an eBay business, but I was doing close to $20,000 a year in sales.  They turned me down twice before I went with the crappy 1% version in hopes of upgrading it later.  Unfortunately, I was shut down due to my Venture shenanigans before I could upgrade.

Message 49 of 52
yillb
Established Member

How strange. I had a business account with them in the past as a sole propieter. However, you do NOT need a business account in order to apply for the spark card, unless you're in the branch. So, if you want no AF, then you can't do it in store without a business account. 

As for the amount you sell, it's awarded based on your personal credit. I can't speak from experience, my company does about 2MM a year, and we opened the account with just over 800k, so she was $$ when she saw how many products I had with them. I think the cash played a huge role, because I got a 500 SL. But like I said, in just three months we're at alomost 10k, which is about what I spend per week in overhead lol... so i spent 9500 ( get my UNLIMITED rewards ), then pay it off. 

Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.