cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of discontinued but "living fossil" cards?

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: List of discontinued but "living fossil" cards?

Chase United Presidential Plus (Converted from the ond Continental Days).  Similar to the United Club card, but still has better benefits.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 51 of 60
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

Well I came in to say that I've only got my Citi Forward (which I got less than 2 weeks before it was discontinued, woo!), but apparently my Sallie Mae now falls into this category as well. I really hope the rewards aren't nerfed D=

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 52 of 60
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I have a Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard! I remember how hard it was to upgrade to a WEMC even when it was offered to the public. There was even an entire multi-page thread dedicated to it Smiley Very Happy

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 53 of 60
thom02099
Valued Contributor

AMEX Clear - still out there. 

AMEX Senior cards - Both the Senior Gold and Senior Green are no longer available, either for application or PC.  I inquired about that back in the early part of the summer and was advised of the discontinuance.  I believe that they are still grandfathered (pun intended) for those who still have them.

Total Merrill and Merrill Accolades AMEX.

JP Morgan Select.  Rumours at one time were that, as the cards expired they would be replaced, but so far that's not happened.

Message 54 of 60
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I still have the three cards I started out with at 18 years old...when I was young and dumb.

• Fleet Bank Fusion Visa (one of the first cards with a "smart" chip but it was essentially useless back then) Fleet was eventually bought out by Bank of America, but it went bad before the take over (although BoA still got my money lol)

• Sears National Bank Gold MasterCard: Citi bought Sears' financial portfolio in '05 or so...again, I didn't have the card that long to get it PC'd...paid off Citi though lol.
  • Capital One plain jane Visa. Starry Night image. Looked like this except a Visa. It was the first pre-approved offer I received after turning 18.

Gosh, I was such a dolt back then lol

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 55 of 60
swpopham
Established Contributor

the merill lynch cards are gone now, we should be getting our cash rewards cards in the mail any time soon now...

JP Morgan Select is gone now also

Hooters card is gone ( I was soooo sad to lose that one)

HSBC GM cash rewards or double off card is gone

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 56 of 60
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@swpopham wrote:

the merill lynch cards are gone now, we should be getting our cash rewards cards in the mail any time soon now...

They are "gone" in the sense that, one can no longer apply for the cards.  They continue to exist.  Before my recent renewals on both my Merrill + card and JPM Select card, I sent a SM to the respective CSRs asking about the card(s) status, and in both cases was assured that they will continue to support their respective cards.  And I received new cards in the mail over the past couple of months.

That said, this does not mean that the situation cannot change.  However, neither are "gone" in the sense that they cease to exist and cardholders are PC'd to other cards.  And I continue to use both cards as needed, unfettered.

Message 57 of 60
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

They are "gone" in the sense that, one can no longer apply for the cards.  They continue to exist.  Before my recent renewals on both my Merrill + card and JPM Select card, I sent a SM to the respective CSRs asking about the card(s) status, and in both cases was assured that they will continue to support their respective cards.  And I received new cards in the mail over the past couple of months.

That said, this does not mean that the situation cannot change.  However, neither are "gone" in the sense that they cease to exist and cardholders are PC'd to other cards.  And I continue to use both cards as needed, unfettered.

I agree. As I mentioned in that other Merrill+ thread, I haven't received anything in the mail yet regarding any conversions or terminations of the card and its rewards program. Besides, I don't believe that the BoA Cash Rewards is a product that many of us Merrill clients would appreciate being offered as a replacement anyway. I would hope that BoA would realize that. 

Message 58 of 60
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I still have the three cards I started out with at 18 years old...when I was young and dumb.

• Fleet Bank Fusion Visa (one of the first cards with a "smart" chip but it was essentially useless back then) Fleet was eventually bought out by Bank of America, but it went bad before the take over (although BoA still got my money lol)
  • Sears National Bank Gold MasterCard: Citi bought Sears' financial portfolio in '05 or so...again, I didn't have the card that long to get it PC'd...paid off Citi though lol.
  • Capital One plain jane Visa. Starry Bight image. Looked like this except a Visa.

Ha! The Starry Night was the first custom design I used on my Cap One Platinum Smiley Very Happy And I had it for the longest time before I fell in love with this design, which I had until I converted it to a QS:

For the record my Discover has Monet's Nympheas on it. (Do I really need to emphasize I love impressionism & abstract art? Smiley Very Happy)

Message 59 of 60
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@DantGwyrdd wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

• Capital One plain jane Visa. Starry Bight image. Looked like this except a Visa.

Ha! The Starry Night was the first custom design I used on my Cap One Platinum Smiley Very Happy And I had it for the longest time before I fell in love with this design, which I had until I converted it to a QS:

For the record my Discover has Monet's Nympheas on it. (Do I really need to emphasize I love impressionism & abstract art? Smiley Very Happy)

Love it. C1 hasn't gotten around to sending me a chip card yet, so I continue to use my Starry Night one. They were the first to give me a Platinum card out of BK7, and that's what I selected. When I PC'd to the Cash Rewards card, they sent me the green card, but then realized I could personalize back to Starry Night, which I did. Cash Rewards eventually transitioned to QS, but they never sent me new cards (and continue to wait for my new EMV chip cards). 

Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.