cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List your current cards (and cards you want to get)

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: List your current cards (and cards you want to get)

@Open123 wrote:

Just curious, do you guys have a card you like using more than the rest?

I definitely use the AMEX and Citi cards the most. The AMEX I use like a debit card...I buy pretty much everything with it. The Citi card I use for larger purchases and for my recurring bills (gym membership, cable bill, etc.) as it is the lowest APR card I have as well as the highest CL. 

I use the other ones every once in a while for something small, to ensure I don't get closed or CLD. 

Photobucket
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Just curious, do you guys have a card you like using more than the rest?

My three favorite cards (even though I haven't gotten 2 of them in the mail yet) are Chase Freedom, AMEX BCE, and Citi Forward.  I will use them the most due to the rewards.

Nice combination; you're basically maximizing just about every spend category!

Its the super triad of no AF cards!

Sure is!  BCP is probably better for most people, but I actually do most of my "grocery" shopping at Costco and typically go a few months without going to a real grocery store.  I would just barely make the cash back for BCP to be better so I figured it wouldn't be worth the AF.  Plus the reason I mentioned above.

Though I haven't decided if I'm going to use Freedom for the 1% back or BCE for the 1% back.

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

See my previous post, I use BCE for all other purchases (1%) but it depends on your credit line too. You can get the extended warranty, purchase protection, etc. from Amex.

Message 13 of 41
quest208
Frequent Contributor

the cards that i want are:

amex platinum

amex blue cash everyday (not preffered)

chase freedom/sapphire (for foreign transactions)

usaa (because they seem to love me)

and about 4 credit unions + their credit cards (congress federal, NFCU, PSECU, justice federal)

but if all i got was an amex gold i would be happy with that.

right now my goal is to hit 760 fico and i know amex will backdate, so that is on my radar......and if i can get two amex cards to backdate, even better for AAoA

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 14 of 41
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

I have:

- Orchard Gold Visa (closing this year)

- Capital One Platinum (closing next year)

- Banana Republic Visa

- Chase Freedom

- Amex Zync

Of my current cards, the only ones I plan to keep long-term are the BR Visa and Chase Freedom.

I have my eye on: 

- Citi Forward

- Amex Blue Sky

- Amex Costco True Earnings

- Amex Blue Cash Everyday 

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 15 of 41
anderl
Frequent Contributor

ummmmmm.....I think I might have enough.....well.....Smiley Happymaybe a Discover

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 16 of 41
Smug
Established Contributor

Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosNot sure I want any more at this time
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 17 of 41
dharalex
Established Contributor

In my wallet is: Amex PGR Amex blue- $20,000 Citi Simplicity (AU)-$10,900 Citi ThankYou-$7,900 Nordstrom Visa-$5,000 Discover-$5000 Boa ( AU)-$4,500 Cap One-$2600 ( rebuilder Chase-$300 (plan to cancel) I want a PenFed and/or USAA card when my inq drop of in 8/2012. I want prime cards and limits only, so I was most likely cancel BOA and Chase,

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 41
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I'm in rebuilding mode. My current cards are as follows:

Cap1 Visa Platinum - 6400 CL

Cap1 NHCR MC - 750 CL

Dillard's Amex - 4200 CL

JC Penney - 1800 CL

Kay Jewelers - 5100 CL

Amex Green - NPSL

I get cash back rewards on the Cap1 NHCR MC, and store rewards on the Dillards and JCP. On the Amex, I get MR points.

Cards that I would like to get when I finish my rebuilding efforts:

Wells Fargo cash rewards -- to use as overdraft protection, as I bank with WF.

BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Visa® card for UCF -- 3% back on gas, 2% on groceries, 1% on everything else. An affinity card that supports my university's Alumni Association.

If it ever pops up in my preapproved list: Amex BCE. It would backdate to 1987, so that would be great for my AAoA.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 19 of 41
castlefox
Regular Contributor

I currently have 3 cards

1. Amex BCE  2,500-  I plan on putting every dollar I can on this card

2. Alliant Credit Union CC (no rewards) 2,000-  Low APR card used for where ever BCE is not accepted

3. Shell Gas card 400 CL -   My first real CC that I held on to, I plan on getting rid of it, now that I got my BCE.  CL has not automatically been raised and it does not seem like a card that will grow with me.    I'll prolly hold on to it until I can get a MasterCard. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Asking Amex for a CLI to 7500 in March

2.  Get a Mastercard with rewards and NO annual fee (the best card I can find is the USAA cash back card)

3.  Close Shell gas card

4.  Garden for a while and try to get in a better position for the PenFed gas card.  If I dont think I will be able to get that card for a long time I may just get the Citi Forward so I can get some rewards for my VISA transactions.  Im not sure if should keep my Alliant CC because of its low APR & and I love Alliant.   (I dont want to do business with BofA and Chase) 

Converting my BCE to BCP will not help me right now because I am living at home and I am not spending enough money on groceries to make the annual fee worth it.  Im a trying to maximize my cash back while keeping the number of credit cards to a minimum  & I will no be spending any money on annual fees.  Right now I am happy with this CC strategy for my situation.  

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.