cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List your current cards (and cards you want to get)

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: List your current cards (and cards you want to get)

@castlefox wrote:

2.  Get a Mastercard with rewards and annual fee (the best card I can find is the USAA cash back card)

Why don't you consider the Barclay's USAir Mastercard?  Currently, there's a first year fee waived, and 60k point bonus.  40k for signing up, 10k for first anniversary, and 10k for minimal spending, and up to 10k for any balance transfers.

Message 21 of 41
castlefox
Regular Contributor

I ment to say a Mastercard with rewards but NO annual fee. 

I will make sure to check out that USAir Mastercard when I can actually afford to go on vacation to awesome places.  Thanks for the suggestion though, I did not know about that card.

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 22 of 41
Open123
Super Contributor

@castlefox wrote:

I ment to say a Mastercard with rewards but NO annual fee. 

Ah, I was kind of wondering why you "wanted" to pay an annual fee.  

Message 23 of 41
p-
Valued Contributor

Have:

Card  - Limit - Last CLI

USAA Amex - 6,000 - 3k 1-2012

Chase Freedom - 5,000 - 3k 9-2011

Cap one Platinum - 3,500  - 500 12-2011

Penny's AU - 1,700

HSBC Orchard - 970 - 200 1-2012

Zync - NPSL

Sears AU - 250

Plans:

1. Sapphire Preferred by 1-2013.  Once I get this, I will dump my Orchard card (unless they eliminate the AF and significantly raise my CL).  It will replace the Freedom as my wife's work expense card, and have enough use to make it worth the 95 AF.  Plus the sign up bonus is nice.  Then the freedom will become my main spending card for 5% categories, with USAA as my secondary spending card.  Zync will remain my preferred card for electronics, car rentals, vacations, etc.  Cap 1 will remain my wife's daily spending card.

2. Amex BCP in 2013, maybe.  I had planned to get this card, but if I get the CSP I will probably not.  I already have two cards that are limited to vendors that accept Amex, and while the cashback is nice, I'm reluctant to add another AF card.  If I did add this card I would probably close the Zync, and use this as my primary daily spending card, moving the Freedom to # 2.

All of my cards have at least one automatic transaction each month to keep them active.

Message 24 of 41
learnin113
Established Contributor

I would like to receive an Amex revolver, real or co-branded I dont care.  I just want an Amex revolver.  That's all. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 41
p-
Valued Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

I would like to receive an Amex revolver, real or co-branded I dont care.  I just want an Amex revolver.  That's all. Smiley Happy

I pre-qualified for the USAA Amex revolver way before I started getting pre-approvals for Amex products.  Have you looked into USAA?  I logged my file conditon at time of approval if you're curious.  

Downside, they don't count towards your "Member Since" date, so no backdating future cards.  They gave me a 3k limit last May, which was way higher than any card I had at the time, and now just raised me to 6k.

Message 26 of 41
learnin113
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

I pre-qualified for the USAA Amex revolver way before I started getting pre-approvals for Amex products.  Have you looked into USAA?  I logged my file conditon at time of approval if you're curious.  

Downside, they don't count towards your "Member Since" date, so no backdating future cards.  They gave me a 3k limit last May, which was way higher than any card I had at the time, and now just raised me to 6k.

I do have USAA but only for CCMP and I'm only a limited member.  I check the "My Offers" section almost daily because as much as I want the Amex, I dont want to app without a preapproval.  We'll see...I'll give it 6 months, if not I'm cold apping.

Message 27 of 41
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

My current cards are:

Orchard Secured $200

Capital One Platinum $300 (0%apr)

Discover More $1000 (my first "real" card.  love the cash back!)

Citi AAdvantage $2000 (airline miles)

I haven't decided what other cards I want yet.  I'm planning on letting these age while I slowly research my options.  I definitely want to get rid of the secured card soon, though.

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 28 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

See my previous post, I use BCE for all other purchases (1%) but it depends on your credit line too. You can get the extended warranty, purchase protection, etc. from Amex.

Yea that's a good point about the extended warranty with AMEX.  I never think about those kinds of things.  I have a $3k limit on Freedom and $2k on BCE, so it's not that much different.  I never charge up anywhere near $2k, so that's another non-factor.

The only reason I was considering using Freedom exclusively for the 1% was to keep on building up the points I already have with them.  I think what I'll do is use it until I reach a cutoff point for Chase (I think it's $50 increments) then switch over to BCE.  

@castlefox wrote:

I currently have 3 cards

1. Amex BCE  2,500-  I plan on putting every dollar I can on this card

2. Alliant Credit Union CC (no rewards) 2,000-  Low APR card used for where ever BCE is not accepted

3. Shell Gas card 400 CL -   My first real CC that I held on to, I plan on getting rid of it, now that I got my BCE.  CL has not automatically been raised and it does not seem like a card that will grow with me.    I'll prolly hold on to it until I can get a MasterCard. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Asking Amex for a CLI to 7500 in March

2.  Get a Mastercard with rewards and NO annual fee (the best card I can find is the USAA cash back card)

3.  Close Shell gas card

4.  Garden for a while and try to get in a better position for the PenFed gas card.  If I dont think I will be able to get that card for a long time I may just get the Citi Forward so I can get some rewards for my VISA transactions.  Im not sure if should keep my Alliant CC because of its low APR & and I love Alliant.   (I dont want to do business with BofA and Chase) 

Converting my BCE to BCP will not help me right now because I am living at home and I am not spending enough money on groceries to make the annual fee worth it.  Im a trying to maximize my cash back while keeping the number of credit cards to a minimum  & I will no be spending any money on annual fees.  Right now I am happy with this CC strategy for my situation.  

I believe there is a Chase Freedom Mastercard.  No AF and good rewards.

Message 29 of 41
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Currenty:

Amex BCP-$2k 99% of my spending is here

Chase Freedom-$1k used for rotating categories and for non-amex accepting places.

Cap 1- $1800 it's not one of the prime cards but has grown with my other cards.

/Hooters-$1900 Has AF but is still one of my larger CL's

Merrick/old Geico card - $2k -

Orchard - $300 getting closed very soon as AF hits next month

Dell $5500

Amazon $1800

For what I want?  I am in the middle of getting a house and will hopefully be closing the middle of next month.  First thing I'm getting is a Lowe's card fo some appliances.  Then I may try for a Citi product just because I don't have one.  I would like to change my Freedom to a Mastercard for usage at Sams Club and will likely take a hard to get a CLI and hopefully select status. Other than that I don't have any real wants.  Down the line maybe a CU card for a low interest rate for emergencies.

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.