Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listed as AU on cc with one late

tag
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

Listed as AU on cc with one late

So I have been an AU on my dad's cc but there is one late pay back in early 2009.  I'm sure it's affecting my score, so I'm considering discontinuing the AU.  What I wonder is, if I get it off of my report, will it effect my score in other ways because it otherwise has a great payment history (which my own is pretty terrible) or could it affect my utilization, etc?

Thanks.

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Listed as AU on cc with one late

It could affect your utilization, AAofA, oldest accout?,   A 2 year old late is a very minor negative, so it might be better to keep it.   You would need to tell us more, to get an opinion. .    

Message 2 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@laurasiew wrote:

So I have been an AU on my dad's cc but there is one late pay back in early 2009.  I'm sure it's affecting my score, so I'm considering discontinuing the AU.  What I wonder is, if I get it off of my report, will it effect my score in other ways because it otherwise has a great payment history (which my own is pretty terrible) or could it affect my utilization, etc?

Thanks.

Do you happen to know what kind of late is is? 30 day late? 60? 90?

A 2 year old 30 day late is quickly losing impact and a 60 is probably starting to look like a 30 day late after this time but if it's a 90 day late or worse that is a major delinquency and is really hurting you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 5
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

It's only a 30 day late.  It is not the oldest account, but my oldest are closed and probably going to fall off pretty soon.  As for the other info, I'm not quite sure if it even counts towards my utilization.

I'll probably keep it, at least until I build up a good year of payment history.

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 4 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@laurasiew wrote:

It's only a 30 day late.  It is not the oldest account, but my oldest are closed and probably going to fall off pretty soon.  As for the other info, I'm not quite sure if it even counts towards my utilization.

I'll probably keep it, at least until I build up a good year of payment history.

You can always have yourself taken off and see what it does to your score and at some point in the future be added back on the account.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.