Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lists of Banks that Are and Are Not Reducing Limits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lists of Banks that Are and Are Not Reducing Limits

Thanks, Hauling. I forgot that it will also still count for 10 years since it's a positive acct, so at least that gives me extra time for some of the other accts to age a bit before it disappears completely. 

I have a Macy's that is also about 20 years old. Actually it started as a Famous Barr and switched to Macy's when they bought them. Does that still count as the full 20 year length of time or did that restart the clock on the acct? Smiley Surprised

If USB does eventually shut me down completely, will the Macy's (if it still counts for 20 years) maintain my acct age? Does it matter that it's a store card instead of a major CC or does it not matter strictly for age purposes? 

Message Edited by Optimistic08 on 10-09-2008 11:01 PM
Message 11 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Optimistic08 wrote:

Thanks, Hauling. I forgot that it will also still count for 10 years since it's a positive acct, so at least that gives me extra time for some of the other accts to age a bit before it disappears completely. 

I have a Macy's that is also about 20 years old. Actually it started as a Famous Barr and switched to Macy's when they bought them. Does that still count as the full 20 year length of time or did that restart the clock on the acct? Smiley Surprised

If USB does eventually shut me down completely, will the Macy's (if it still counts for 20 years) maintain my acct age? Does it matter that it's a store card instead of a major CC or does it not matter strictly for age purposes?

It's easy to forget about it counting after closing. It's so counter-intuitive!

Yes, that Macy's card counts from the opening of the original version of the card, lucky dog, you! And any reporting tradeline works, store, bank, mortgage, etc. This is why many people guard some ridiculous store card from eons ago. Installment products always close eventually at loan pay-off and then leave 10 years later, but revolving can stay on forever, as long as the account remains open.

Take loving care of that one! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 16
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

Citi and BoA have both given me increases in the last month (Citi yesterday). Both were initiated by me via their websites.
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 13 of 16
Chazman
Contributor

In the last 6 weeks, I've seen:

Juniper/Barclays: $1600 CLI (offered/no pull)

WAMU: CLI $1500 (auto)

CITI: $1250 (offered/no pull)

AMEX: new Starwood at $10k (opened with original 1/1987 account date)

UTL is <9%  /  3 of 5 cards with no balance

TU/741, EQ/756, EX/748 a/o last week.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have not been around here much....but was reading this and had to mention that none of my banks have lowered credit on me yet.....one even increased it by around 5,000 more that my old limit.....that was Charter One.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had Citi and BoA give me some love the last few months, both at my request, both without hard pulls.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.