Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livid at Citi EO

tag
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Re: Livid at Citi EO

You people are missing the point. Yes, I did mention getting denied for too many inquiries in the last 12 months. But that really isnt the point. I choose to focus on the fact that the op specifically stated to the EO, if a SECOND HP will be taken in order to review the CLI denial dont proceed. I cant state it any clearer. The EO chose to overlook this part of the OP's request. What the EO should have done is respond to the OP by explaining they cant proceed with requested CLI denial review without a SECOND HP and end the request. But they did not. Anyway, moving on.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andy77 I did not read that possibly there is voice recording of your conversation which Citi could review to verify your statement of do not proceed if a second HP was required. Such an approach may put proof square on the table for consideration on an inquiry removal. Food for thought and like every thing in credit ... no guarantees.
Message 22 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Multi posts have been removed from this thread for violating our rules, the offenders will be contacted via PM. I want to remind everyone that all disagreeing comments must be made in an FSR manner there isnt any other way that is going to be allowed. If you want to start trouble go do it somewhere else myFico isnt going to be allowed to turn into a shooting gallery. To those of you who are respectful of each other we thank you.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/td-p/2905196

Message 23 of 24
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:
Sent an email to EO about a reconsideration to my CLI that was declined

Specifically put in the email I don't give you permission to do another hard pull

So after I sent email I started working with Patricia an Exec in the Pres Office and she gave me her direct number etc.

She took all my info and I asked if a hard pill would be done and she said no

So fast forward three days later and declined for the CLI and another hard pull was done. She even confirmed while I was on the phone that another hard pull was not done

So I sent in a dispute with experian and documented everything ... Dates who I talked to and what was said and included the first email I sent in that said I didn't give them permission for another pull

Do you think my inquiry will be removed ?

OP, sorry to hear about the CLI decline, but it's not unusual. It's most likely that your file is not considered ready for a CLI by Citi. If you check the On Line SP CLI Terms, if Citi offers you a SP CLI, and it is either declined or you don't like the amount they give you, they clearly state the next step, part of the reconsideration, is they will pull your credit. I don't find it unusual that on a second Recon request that they would pull your credit a second time for that request. It is likely standard operating procedure at Citi, to use the HP to update the file, and ignores what the cardholder says in a letter.

With time and usage, the SP CLI will become available on line with the Citi card. Patience and continued use and pay on time behavior will get you there.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.