Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local credit union and bank question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Local credit union and bank question

I wanted to know what credit bureau Notre Dame Federal CU and Horizon Bank pull. I was thinking about applying to one of these banks student credit cards in the near future. I have a 737 EX Fico and all others are around 730 with 9% utl. So I think I'd have a very good chance of approval. But is there any way to find out what bureau they pull? Also before anyone asks I'm not going to apply for the rewards, I just want to establish another relationship with a local bank or CU for future loans. But my big factor is if they offer a student CC since those are more leniant and easier to get than regular CC's. I also have a bunch of other cards with rewards and cash back (see my sig). So if anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great. 

P.S I just opened an account with NASA FCU and am waiting on a 100% approval for their platinum card pending my pay stub verification. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Local credit union and bank question

The easiest bet is to call each branch directly and they will let you know.

My local credit union allowed me to print my daily monitoring report. I gave it to the loan officer,he looked it over to see if I met their requirements before he did a hard pull inquiry.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I was thinking of doing but wanted to know if there was any other way to gind this information online? But another question I have is which major CU's have college CC's? Dcu, Nasa, and PenFed don't have any which surprises me...Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thats what I was thinking of doing but wanted to know if there was any other way to gind this information online? But another question I have is which major CU's have college CC's? Dcu, Nasa, and PenFed don't have any which surprises me...Smiley Sad

Do a search for student credit cards.

Message 4 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thats what I was thinking of doing but wanted to know if there was any other way to gind this information online?

You can search but these are small financial institutions so the odds of finding anything are going to be less than with more popular creditors.  The Credit Pulls Database doesn't have anything for Notre Dame and I'm not sure it's data for Horizon is the same institution you're interested in.

Also try a site restricted Google search.  Here's an example for Notre Dame on this site:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=notre%20dame%20credit%20union%20site%3Aficoforums.myfico.com&es_th=1

@Anonymous wrote:

But my big factor is if they offer a student CC since those are more leniant and easier to get than regular CC's.

Quite a few CU's are more lenient than other creditors which is why the general advice for those building/rebulding is "go secured and/or with a CU with more lenient approval criteria".  Don't overlook a CU just because they don't explictly have a student card.  That said, not all CU's have cards that are easier to qualify for.  You really just have to do your due diligence.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Notre Dame Credit Union is known to mainly pull Equifax, occasionally EX

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The Notre Dame Credit Union is known to mainly pull Equifax, occasionally EX

+1

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 well i don"t need or want a secured card. I already have a few good prime cards. But I'm just scared if I apply for a regular CU card that I'd be rejected. Also whih CU's are more leniant in your view towards students who work part time? And yes it's Horizon Bank. I pretty sure they are only in indiana and Michigan.

@Irish80 How do you know this? Do you live in the South Bend area?
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@takeshi74 well i don"t need or want a secured card. I already have a few good prime cards. But I'm just scared if I apply for a regular CU card that I'd be rejected. Also whih CU's are more leniant in your view towards students who work part time? And yes it's Horizon Bank. I pretty sure they are only in indiana and Michigan.

@Anonymous How do you know this? Do you live in the South Bend area?

No I don't live there.  I'm a ND alum and know lots of people that have cards from the CU.  I looked into it about 6 months ago.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats nice. I go to IUSB. Notre Dames too expensive for my peasnt self hahaha. But okay I wished they were EX because I have 4 inq's on them and like 8 on TU and EQ. Any other info you can offer me about Notre Dame or other CU's in the area? I have TCU and they declined me for a CC when I got my car loan a few months back.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.