Not applicable

Re: Lock Me In

Congrats on you BOA approval!

Message 31 of 34
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So after my almost home run with Chase I thought I was just gonna take their denial to the garden and not app for anything else. But since I was also contemplating an app for BOA it was just an itch I had to scratch. Submitted an app yesterday afternoon and it went into 5-7 days; wanted to call and see what was up but I figured Id give it overnight. Checked the status online before I went to bed and it said "decision made 07/14" but still said under review so I figured a big fat no. Woke up this morning and called the line before getting ready for work and all I heard was "Congratulations" and "approved for 2.5k". So yay I am in with BOA.

Now its officially off to the garden for the rest of the year. 

****Chase already told me to call them back / reapply in 6months.    

****Citi is off my radar for at least another year

****Discover I would like in and maybe I will try in another 6-8months

****AmeX just sends me offers for their prepaid card; how I wish I wasnt stupid to have a CO with them. LOL

Congrats, but stick to your gut next time. Waiting and gardening will pay off with bigger, better approvals later.

Message 32 of 34
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So after my almost home run with Chase I thought I was just gonna take their denial to the garden and not app for anything else. But since I was also contemplating an app for BOA it was just an itch I had to scratch. Submitted an app yesterday afternoon and it went into 5-7 days; wanted to call and see what was up but I figured Id give it overnight. Checked the status online before I went to bed and it said "decision made 07/14" but still said under review so I figured a big fat no. Woke up this morning and called the line before getting ready for work and all I heard was "Congratulations" and "approved for 2.5k". So yay I am in with BOA.

Now its officially off to the garden for the rest of the year. 

****Chase already told me to call them back / reapply in 6months.    

****Citi is off my radar for at least another year

****Discover I would like in and maybe I will try in another 6-8months

****AmeX just sends me offers for their prepaid card; how I wish I wasnt stupid to have a CO with them. LOL

Congrats, but stick to your gut next time. Waiting and gardening will pay off with bigger, better approvals later.

+1

This is exactly why I'm waiting until next year to apply for Sallie Mae.  I would probably be approved if I applied right now, but I would prefer to get a higher SL and better APR, so for me the wait is worth it.  Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CU and BoA approvals!!

I would still close first premier and credit one if I was you!

balance transfer if anything!

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.