Loft upgrade to MC

tag
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Loft upgrade to MC

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

Thanks to all for the congrats!Smiley Wink

I got the offer while shopping in a Loft store.  At checkout, I started to pay with my Loft store card and the saleslady asked me if I would like to upgrade to their MasterCard for better rewards.  I agreed; she asked my about income and asked for my license.  She had to call it in.  They gave her my new account number and my new credit limit.  I went from $750 with the store card to $3500 with the new MC.

I was really surprised to get an offer so soon.  I just opened this account in August.  Also, most of my accounts have been opened this year.  I’ve had my Cap1 & BOA for 10 years.  USAA since Nov 2012.  Discover in Feb 2013.  NFCU in March.  Victoria’s Secret was a little before USAA in fall 2012.  Everything else was opened between Aug and Sep of this year.

Looks like you answered your earlier question - new account number = new TL.  But if you shop there a lot and the rewards are better, it was probably worth it.  Enjoy!

I do shop there a lot.  Perhaps that helped with the quick upgrade offer.  Their rewards are good.  I've gotten more coupons than I can use since I got the card and there almost always to be a sale going on.  I've saved a ton of $!

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 11 of 19
sunkissed
Established Contributor

I forgot to mention the obvious: the upgrade cost me one hard inquiy on Equifax.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 12 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Thanks for sharing. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 13 of 19
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

I forgot to mention the obvious: the upgrade cost me one hard inquiy on Equifax.

The HP would have reset your clock anyway.

I don't shop there as much as I did many, many moons ago.  But I understand your point about the discounts, VS is also great with sales and coupons. 

Message 14 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

The only Loft I have around here is a hay loft. Getting to be very few of them. But nice to know for future help.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 15 of 19
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

The only Loft I have around here is a hay loft. Getting to be very few of them. But nice to know for future help.

Too funny!

Message 16 of 19
reneasworld
Regular Contributor

I shop there

@sunkissed wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

I got the offer while shopping in a Loft store.  At checkout, I started to pay with my Loft store card and the saleslady asked me if I would like to upgrade to their MasterCard for better rewards.  I agreed; she asked my about income and asked for my license.  She had to call it in.  They gave her my new account number and my new credit limit.  I went from $750 with the store card to $3500 with the new MC.

I was really surprised to get an offer so soon.  I just opened this account in August.  Also, most of my accounts have been opened this year.  I’ve had my Cap1 & BOA for 10 years.  USAA since Nov 2012.  Discover in Feb 2013.  NFCU in March.  Victoria’s Secret was a little before USAA in fall 2012.  Everything else was opened between Aug and Sep of this year.

Looks like you answered your earlier question - new account number = new TL.  But if you shop there a lot and the rewards are better, it was probably worth it.  Enjoy!

I do shop there a lot.  Perhaps that helped with the quick upgrade offer.  Their rewards are good.  I've gotten more coupons than I can use since I got the card and there almost always to be a sale going on.  I've saved a ton of $!

I shop there alot also and the sales guy asked me about upgrading but I did not want the hard pull but I would love to get a higher limit with a regular card. Do you remember what yours scores were when they pulled?

Starting Scores (5/2014): EQ 569, TU 601, EX 589
Current Scores (07/08/2015): EQ 640, TU 640, EX 654
Goal (12/2015): 700 across the board
Message 17 of 19
rbon
New Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

It's not an "auto-upgrade". I mean you're still going from the store card to MC, but there was a chance of you not getting approved and it was a hard inquiry. I worked at Loft part time before and if a customer had a Loft card, you were supposed to ask if they wanted the MC instead. If they didn't have a Loft card, you were supposed to ask if they wanted the store card or MC. Some people wouldn't ask because then a few months later they could ask people to "upgrade" to the MC and it was another way to meet their CC goals. (You were required to open 5 per month and at our store, your hours were based on how many cards you opened each month.)  I know if you read on here somewhere, there are cases of people who got denied for the MC that ended up with 2 store card lines from Loft.

I'm glad that you were able to get it so it wasn't a wasted inquiry! 

Message 18 of 19
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@reneasworld wrote:

I shop there

@sunkissed wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

I shop there alot also and the sales guy asked me about upgrading but I did not want the hard pull but I would love to get a higher limit with a regular card. Do you remember what yours scores were when they pulled?

Unfortunately, my scores have not changed much in the past year.  I guestimate my Equifax was around 700 when I got the upgrade.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.