Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logix Federal Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Logix Federal Credit Union

Anyone else have experience with Logix?  I believe they used to be Lockheed FCU.

I know as of early last year, they were notorious for giving low limits (500-1000) despite being BK friendly.  I applied for a card about six months ago with a massive amount of inqs and a pretty crappy score (low 600's).  After a very painful process in which I had to show proof of income, proof of address, etc, I was approved for a $3500 limit visa card.  Not too bad!

Now I'm getting antsy about getting a CLI.  Was wondering if anyone's gone through the CLI process with Logix and if there's any pointers you can share before I call them on Monday.  If it's an HP, I'll probably bail.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Logix Federal Credit Union

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else have experience with Logix?  I believe they used to be Lockheed FCU.

I know as of early last year, they were notorious for giving low limits (500-1000) despite being BK friendly.  I applied for a card about six months ago with a massive amount of inqs and a pretty crappy score (low 600's).  After a very painful process in which I had to show proof of income, proof of address, etc, I was approved for a $3500 limit visa card.  Not too bad!

Now I'm getting antsy about getting a CLI.  Was wondering if anyone's gone through the CLI process with Logix and if there's any pointers you can share before I call them on Monday.  If it's an HP, I'll probably bail.  

$3,500 isn't that bad. Why not keep them if it costs you nothing to keep.

Message 2 of 10
thebusymind
New Contributor

I've used them for about a year now. They are super conservative. Of all of my credit accounts, they're the most likely to be closed. However, the benefits of their credit cards are pretty awesome, like the ability to fix your credit card interest at 5% for 2 years is useful when you need to carry a balance. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

$3,500 isn't that bad. Why not keep them if it costs you nothing to keep.

I meant I'll bail on the CLI if it's an HP.  Not the actual card.  It's no AF so really no reason to stop using it.  Also APR is on the low end compared to other cards I have. 

Message 4 of 10
hemi961
Regular Contributor

I applied in February and was instantly approved for $15k.  It did require an underwriter call later in the day to verify identity, but no documents were requested.  He asked if the credit limit was sufficient or if I wanted him to try for more.  I told him it was adequate at the present time and he said to call back in 12 months to request an increase. Not sure if the 12 months is etched in stone but that is what he recommended.

Message 5 of 10
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

I believe its a HP and  they pull EX.  

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 6 of 10
thebusymind
New Contributor

Yea, it's a HP. They pulled EX for me too. 

Message 7 of 10
cirrus00
New Contributor

Does anyone know how far after BK you have to be for them to be friendly?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the time that I applied, I was about 5 years off from BK.

Interestingly enough, they never mentioned the BK once while I was speaking with the credit analyst.  They seemed more interested in my income and proof of address, etc. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been with Logix for about 2 years and their interest rates are pretty good. I had a BK so I got a joint card with my mom and they approved me for 6k. I applied last month for one on my own and they only gave me 500 but indicated that if I used the card wisely I would be eligible for an increase but it would be HP in about 12 months.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.