Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lol @ First Premier

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Lol @ First Premier

I got a pre-approval offer in the mail today for a $700 limit minus a $175 annual fee for the first year. The fee is only $49 for every year after. I think my favorite part was the 36% interest rate. All I could do was laugh. I'm not sure why they even bothered considering my FICO is around 700 and I have three cards that I think the vast majority of people would consider prime. (Cap1 with no af, Discover It, and Amex Green...) Oh well, at least they gave me a good laugh.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Lol @ First Premier

@Default4 wrote:

I got a pre-approval offer in the mail today for a $700 limit minus a $175 annual fee for the first year. The fee is only $49 for every year after. I think my favorite part was the 36% interest rate. All I could do was laugh. I'm not sure why they even bothered considering my FICO is around 700 and I have three cards that I think the vast majority of people would consider prime. (Cap1 with no af, Discover It, and Amex Green...) Oh well, at least they gave me a good laugh.

Smiley Very Happy

Yea that their latest offer. Hilarious!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 10
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I think i just got that same offer last week, i laughed so hard my stomach hurt and then had to stop long enough to put it in the shredder Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 10
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I believe I got that in the mail, as well.  Along w/ those 536% sameday loan offers - ugg

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The smaller banks should really catch up to the bigger ones. Their credit card are never that great and they usually make it super hard to get one of theirs. 

Message 5 of 10
sk8rmom56
Established Member

One of those came to my house too. Only on top of the other fees  insane fees there is a $10.95 monthly as well! I can only hope that anyone considering this card  checks out every other possibility before applying for this, Just sit back a minute and think about it, just having a card for the sake of having one isn't always worth it. 

Message 6 of 10
lithium78
Established Contributor

In my early ignorant days of attempting to rebuild my credit, I applied for and was approved for a First Premier card.  When it arrived in the mail and I looked at the actual terms of the card, I was so shocked that I actually called them to confirm that these were actually the fees and rates.  I closed the card without ever activating it, so I didn't have to pay for it, but I still ended up taking a hard pull for it and it remains as a TL on my CRs.  Now that I am an informed person, I'm embarrassed that First Premier is on there and I can't wait for it to age off my CRs.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Now I feel left out.

I have never gotten an offer from FP Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have the Discover More, currently have United Explorer and Citi AA cards. With these prime cards I should expect a nice pre approval offer from First Premier right? I mean after all they have "Premier" in their name so it should be good right?

Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I got one of these offers when my credit was REALLY in the dumps in 2006...not knowing any better, I fell for it.

Let's just say....December 2013 will be a glorious month...when this BS falls off my reports.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.