Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lolz Citibank

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Lolz Citibank

Received a "personal message" today from the the CEO of Citbank's credit card division:

"We heard that you want to get more from ThankYou® Rewards...

At this point, I got really excited thinking that they were finally going to roll out one or multiple airline transfer partners for ThankYou points (American, or British Airways and Singapore as was rumored last year).

And then I finished reading:

..Visit thankyou.com today and you will see your points balance as well as a spring catalog featuring great brands like Nike®, Sony®, and Nikon®."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOOOOLOLOL. YES CITIBANK THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WANTING FOR SO LONG PLEASE GIVE ME MORE MERCHANDISE OPTIONS NEVER ENOUGHHHH.

Silliness aside, merchandise redemptions are regularly one of the worst options from a value perspective, so I don't see why this merits a separate mention at all.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Re: Lolz Citibank

Plus they got rid of Amazon gift cards, not surpised there's no mention of that Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 11
LosAngeles
Established Member

I got the same thing! 

So stupid.

Citi has a history of sending out "personal messages"... when I worked there, we used to get "personal messages" from Vikram Pandit (CEOof Citigroup) all the time! hahahaha

Message 3 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Citi is redic. LOL

nuff said

otoh, those citi easy deals are pretty cool

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 11
Cageym
Established Contributor

This is the one I got today:

We know that every time you make a purchase, you have a choice of how to pay. I personally want to thank you for your business, and let you know we do not take it for granted. I also want to assure you that we are listening to your feedback – it shapes our improvements to better serve you.

We know saving time and money is important to you, so I wanted to remind you that Citi® Price Rewind is a benefit available to you 365 days a year. To date, Citi Price Rewind has found a lower price for one in four eligible purchases over $100, with an average refund of $80. Visit my blog post to see how you can save on apparel, electronics, appliances and more.

You can learn about this and more on my blog post. Please continue to give us your suggestions, and we promise to work hard every day to keep earning your business.

Warm regards, 

Jud Linville
CEO, Citi Cards

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 5 of 11
lazylane
New Contributor

@Cageym wrote:

This is the one I got today:

We know that every time you make a purchase, you have a choice of how to pay. I personally want to thank you for your business, and let you know we do not take it for granted. I also want to assure you that we are listening to your feedback – it shapes our improvements to better serve you.

We know saving time and money is important to you, so I wanted to remind you that Citi® Price Rewind is a benefit available to you 365 days a year. To date, Citi Price Rewind has found a lower price for one in four eligible purchases over $100, with an average refund of $80. Visit my blog post to see how you can save on apparel, electronics, appliances and more.

You can learn about this and more on my blog post. Please continue to give us your suggestions, and we promise to work hard every day to keep earning your business.

Warm regards, 

Jud Linville
CEO, Citi Cards

Hehe I received this "personal message" from Jud today too Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 11
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I have two Citi cards, one for some years, and never heard anything from them.  But I just got the TYP (which hasn't arrived yet) and started getting lots of emails, apart from the "personal" message referenced here, I got messages telling me I was approved (I know, your web site told me when I applied), how to set up a thank you account, (Yes, I already have one), reminding me to set up web access (can't without the card)  and today another inviting me to use the mobile app, which I already do. 

So, maybe that's what the "Preferred" means, they really want to talk to you.

Message 7 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They are very email happy Ive noticed -.-
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 11
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

I got these e-mails too. Got disappointed after I finished reading them. Lol.
Message 9 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

sounds like marketing to sell stuff rather than personalized messages to me xD

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.