Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longest Introductory 0% APR Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Longest Introductory 0% APR Credit Card

@Creditaddict wrote:

BofA offered 19 months to my partner and the lady specifically said it was to beat Citi! Smiley Tongue

but advertised to new card applicants I think Citi for 18... some of the less prominent cards like Santander or Penfed have longer fixed rates but for 0% I think Citi.

Wow...that's nearly 2 yrs interest free. Gonna put this card on my list for next year if they are still offering it by then.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

littlegreeny wrote:

Bank of Hawaii offers a Visa Signature and American Express card with 0% APR for 18 months.

Hmmm and I thouhgt the AMEX BCE was the highest intro with 15 months for AMEX....thanks for the feedback

Message 12 of 17
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@whodatnation2 wrote:

Is the 0% interest good for the entire period? So for example can I carry a balance for 18 months on a 0% APR and not pay interest??

Yes, as long as you pay the minimum payment due by each due date, and make sure to pay the full balance including all new purchases before the intro promo gets over.

But also remember that carrying balance, whether or not 0%, may be looked upon unfavorably by other prospective lenders.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bank of Hawaii offers a Visa Signature and American Express card with 0% APR for 18 months.

Hmmm and I thouhgt the AMEX BCE was the highest intro with 15 months for AMEX....thanks for the feedback

ED also gave me 15mos interest free Smiley Happy

SM, 15mos interest free BT's...With a $1,500 limit? Yeah right. I'm at nearly double that for the month on the CSP! Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 17
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@whodatnation2 wrote:

Is the 0% interest good for the entire period? So for example can I carry a balance for 18 months on a 0% APR and not pay interest??

Yes, as long as you pay the minimum payment due by each due date, and make sure to pay the full balance including all new purchases before the intro promo gets over.

But also remember that carrying balance, whether or not 0%, may be looked upon unfavorably by other prospective lenders.

....and if we're discussing Bank of America, carrying a balance at zero percent may be looked upon unfavorably by the lender that gave you the card.

...just sayin....

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 15 of 17
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@whodatnation2 wrote:

....and if we're discussing Bank of America, carrying a balance at zero percent may be looked upon unfavorably by the lender that gave you the card.

...just sayin....

BoA needs to put its act together.

Why offer a card like that anyway?

Personally I didn't find any of their offers interesting apart from the BBR. 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

BofA offered 19 months to my partner and the lady specifically said it was to beat Citi! Smiley Tongue

but advertised to new card applicants I think Citi for 18... some of the less prominent cards like Santander or Penfed have longer fixed rates but for 0% I think Citi.

PenFed is offering 4.99% interest for BTs for 48 months on select cards.

Even after 48 months, interest is only 9.9%

Two of their cards, the Defender Amex and the Promise Visa cards have no BT fee, ever.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.