Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longest Introductory 0% APR Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Longest Introductory 0% APR Credit Card

Just out of curiosity, what is the longest 0% intro APR fee you have ever seen on a credit card? I think Discover has one out now for 14 months. Have you noticed credit card companies giving longer 0% intro apr rates in times of an economic downspin? What were the intro apr rates back in 2008 and 2009, if you can remember?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Longest Introductory 0% APR Credit Card

My Doublecash card has 18 months of 0%.  I think my discover was only 6 months back in 2008 but I can't be sure.

Message 2 of 17
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

24 months 0% APR on Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard from last year. It expires next year lol. I found the offer through credit karma.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 17
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

Is the 0% interest good for the entire period? So for example can I carry a balance for 18 months on a 0% APR and not pay interest??

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase freedom and chase slate has an intro of 0% for 15 months

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:

24 months 0% APR on Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard from last year. It expires next year lol. I found the offer through credit karma.

Lucky you! The wife only got 6mos.

Speaking of which, I need to kill the balance on that after the 6th statement cuts. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
tcbofade
Super Contributor

DW got 18 months zero percent from Citi Simplicity.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Membersince2013 wrote:

Wooooow!!! Great Stuff!!

Message 8 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BofA offered 19 months to my partner and the lady specifically said it was to beat Citi! Smiley Tongue

but advertised to new card applicants I think Citi for 18... some of the less prominent cards like Santander or Penfed have longer fixed rates but for 0% I think Citi.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of Hawaii offers a Visa Signature and American Express card with 0% APR for 18 months.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.