cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look how sweet American Express has become!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Look how sweet American Express has become!

Dear Cardmember:

We are contacting you to be sure you do not have any surprises when you use your card.  In this difficult economic environment, we all need to make choices about how we spend and save.  For us, that means carefully reviewing the spending and debt profiles of our Cardmembers - and making some difficult decisions.  Unfortunately, we have had to make the decision to lower the credit limit on your account listed above.

Then it goes on to give the NEW REVISED Credit Line and New Cash Line.

This is her 3rd decrease so not surprised at all, this is the clear that offered the 3.9 for life of balance, she pays about 3 times minimum but for sure not clearing it out because of the great rate. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Look how sweet American Express has become!

I was planning on applying for Amex this June as well as a few other cards. But the more I read about Amex im not so sure now.
Message 2 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's like they've grasped that they've done something to really irritate a lot of people, but they're not really sure what. So they keep doing the same thing, but they're candy-coating it.

I really do hope that they turn up in business admin textbooks in five or ten years as case studies of how not to handle sudden economic downturns.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Send the card back to them stuck in a pile of doggy-doo....and thank them for their kind words.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX is the most weirdest credit card company. I am a new member and I felt it's totally weird to be their customer..

If you want to apply for AMEX, i would suggest you to think twice again.. Having their card is good but you will never know what to expect from THEM.. You will more likely to complain more than enjoying being a customer lolz

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
It's like they've grasped that they've done something to really irritate a lot of people, but they're not really sure what. So they keep doing the same thing, but they're candy-coating it.

I think they are tired of all the negative publicity. They think by apologizing before they hurt you, it makes them feel like less of the devil. That would be like Mike Tyson saying he's sorry right before he bites your ear off.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.