Did you mean: 

Looking cross-eyed....my DSNB accounts aren't reporting a CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Macys

@llecs wrote:

UPDATE................

I said I wasn't going to call but I did. My due date is today and in light of the added changes to TU and at least one reported $0 CL update to an EX account as I read elsewhere, I decided to call.

Here's the scoop....I called the main credit line and was put on hold. The CSR came on and only knew genericly what was going on and understood enough to admit that he's now concerned too for his accounts. He transferred me directly to the department handling the reporting.

A CSR came on and heard from others that ALL DNSB accounts, including the VISA (so she says...thought that was Citi) ALL reported $0 for the CL. It certainly was reporting $0 for my Macys store, Macys Spec. Event TL, and also for my Bloomies store cards. She understood that DSNB erred on the reporting of the $0 CL and that it is in the process of being fixed and should be back to normal by the week of May 19. There will be NO reporting of any CL ever again though and that the CL will be more variable than in the past, I'm guessing based on usage, payment patterns, etc. I asked her if DSNB would reconsider this policy in the future and she said "No". I failed to ask her if they'll report the "high balance" and that's something we should probably know.

ETA....her rationale for the no CL was due to complaints from others resulting from inactive CCs. After a while of non-use, they had implemented a policy of reporting $100 for the CL and all the while reporting the full balance. She said that hurt others' scores and this change is meant to protect consumers (baloney).

I also wonder what they are going to "fix" if what they say they're going to "fix" isn't going to be "fixed."  Smiley Happy

Anyhow, as much as I like Macy's, I'm wondering if it is really too much of a pain in the neck to keep a store card that isn't going to report fully.  Then, for me, there's also the issue that you can't use your store card for purchases on macys.com if you are connecting via an overseas IP address.  If you cancel the store card does that mean you also lose the Macy's Visa card, too?

Message 31 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

News Flash!

TU is also screwed up when reporting Macy's store card.

The strange part is that when you pull your TU from, say, Experian's 3-Bureau Monitoring the TU report shows Macy's store as it should.  But, when you pull directly from TrueCredit (i.e. TU), it reports incorrectly. 

And even stranger is that it caused my Vantage Score (And yes I do know it's FAKO, but just pointing out an interesting observation) to drop 15 points just because total CLs dropped from $100k to $95k even though UTIL is still a fraction of a percent.  I don't want to spend the $15 to see if my FICO dropped.

I found early on that Experian's monitoring services don't necessarily pull a fresh report from each bureau when you pull updates. I could tell this because my EX-based monitoring "service" often had old balances, and when I looked at the actual reports from each bureaus, they were updated. My guess is that when you pulled (or thought you pulled) new reports, they were not truly updated.

I'm deeply underwhelmed by CreditSecure and the other EX-based services.

I use the USAA / Experian monitoring.  Sad to hear they don't really give you fresh data on updates.  That sucks.

Message 32 of 37
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused wrote:

I have a Macy's reporting problem too. On my EQ report, the CL and account status lines are blank. Everything looks fine on EX and TU, however.

Ditto.

The issue is only with Macy's store.  My Macy's Visa reports correctly on EQ.

Ditto with Bloomingdales as well. It must be a DSNB glitch (Macys/Bloomingdales)

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, All!!

I too noticed on my CCT pull that my util had gone up (not by very much though). I looked over my reports and saw that my Macys limit was reporting $0. I called the backdoor # this morning, and the CSR told me also that they will NOT be reporting the limit ANYMORE. It is more of a guideline and will report as a retail card. But, check this out....if you have a balance, that will report...with a $0 CL/GL. That sucks!! I was glad to get my Macys card back after BK, but now it's really only good for the coupons!! No need to call every 3 to 6 months anymore, as it won't help util %.

Thank goodness, I have been PIF'ing every month and that my GL is only $400! This new reporting (or lack thereof) would have really screwed my Util up, as I do have balances on 3 other credit accounts. I am paying them down, but it really would have hurt right now as I am house hunting. This really could have hurt mhy score, and possibly my chances for mortgage approval. My score did not drop, as the gl is only $400 and it has a $0 balance.

Jelly

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank goodness, I have been PIF'ing every month and that my GL is only $400! This new reporting (or lack thereof) would have really screwed my Util up, as I do have balances on 3 other credit accounts. I am paying them down, but it really would have hurt right now as I am house hunting. This really could have hurt mhy score, and possibly my chances for mortgage approval. My score did not drop, as the gl is only $400 and it has a $0 balance.

Hi Jelly,

I am in a different boat.  My Macy's $3100 is half of my available credit!  (I'm a rebuilder, so my CL's are still pretty low)  I have two other cards.  I had to do a double take and make sure my utilization wasn't hit.  But because I PIF and report a small balance only, my available credit went from 99.88 to 99.72. 

You make a great point - if you're carrying balances, this hurts.  It's a good reminder to me to keep focused on PIF'ing - we never know when stuff like this comes up.  Macy's not misbehaving or acting illegally, but depending on our own behavior, we can be in a spot.  I'll tell you, if I'm tempted to let those balances creep up (I was getting a little soft on that), I'll remember what Macy's has done and that all of our creditors have the ability to do whatever they like with our CL's or how they're reported.  I never want to be at their mercy again (been there, done that - wish I had these forums years ago)!

I just wanted to chime in because Jelly didn't get a FICO score hit because her Macy's CL was low, but in my case my CL was relatively high (for me).  So even though the scenarios are different, we can still manage our accounts so that we're not FICO slapped no matter what Macy's (or anyone else) does.  For me, I have to see credit as a debit card and not be willing to carry a balance - I've been through a BK and am still shell-shocked over what can happen even if you're fairly well behaved.  This has re-awakened my senses on the PIF issue.

Jelly -Congrats on your PIF habit with Macy's, and your focus on paying down balances.   I'm so glad your score stayed put and wish you the very best on your mortgage.  I hope it will go perfectly in every way.

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Jelly,

I am in a different boat.  My Macy's $3100 is half of my available credit!  (I'm a rebuilder, so my CL's are still pretty low)  I have two other cards.  I had to do a double take and make sure my utilization wasn't hit.  But because I PIF and report a small balance only, my available credit went from 99.88 to 99.72. 

You make a great point - if you're carrying balances, this hurts.  It's a good reminder to me to keep focused on PIF'ing - we never know when stuff like this comes up.  Macy's not misbehaving or acting illegally, but depending on our own behavior, we can be in a spot.  I'll tell you, if I'm tempted to let those balances creep up (I was getting a little soft on that), I'll remember what Macy's has done and that all of our creditors have the ability to do whatever they like with our CL's or how they're reported.  I never want to be at their mercy again (been there, done that - wish I had these forums years ago)!

I just wanted to chime in because Jelly didn't get a FICO score hit because her Macy's CL was low, but in my case my CL was relatively high (for me).  So even though the scenarios are different, we can still manage our accounts so that we're not FICO slapped no matter what Macy's (or anyone else) does.  For me, I have to see credit as a debit card and not be willing to carry a balance - I've been through a BK and am still shell-shocked over what can happen even if you're fairly well behaved.  This has re-awakened my senses on the PIF issue.

Jelly -Congrats on your PIF habit with Macy's, and your focus on paying down balances.   I'm so glad your score stayed put and wish you the very best on your mortgage.  I hope it will go perfectly in every way.

Thanks, beamMEup!!!!

Your situation is different, but you are right...if you had carried a balance on that card, it definitely would be worse!!!!

Yes, the PIF thing is great. I was not smart enough to do this before my BK (or until I joined these forums). I have definitely learned a lot, and I am doing my best to put all of the knowledge to good use!!! :-)

I hope to be in my new home by the end of the August or September. Thanks for the good wishes! I will be posting my progress on the mortgage boards, so look out for them and chime in at will. :-)

Jelly

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking cross-eyed....my DSNB accounts aren't reporting a CL

Dear friends

I also have 3 accounts with Macy's or should I said Citibank  who happens to be that creditor who issues that Macy's card and  blomindgales I Call customer services and after 3 different  represents I got that three And is ugly they said that by law they're not required to report our credit balances to that credit 3 Bureaus also they claim that this is because of that new credit law which is not true. I Also call experience and I explain my situation and they told me that Macy's  can or can't report my balance or credit limits at their discretion. My credit drop 45 points Im really upset at Citibank and Macy's for allowing this, and remember this is American department stores way to go America nice way to destroy peoples credit and future since everyone looks at you credit for anything in this country . We all should report Macy's and Citibank  behavior.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.