Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Cap one advice/guidance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for Cap one advice/guidance

I inquired about combination of my qs1 and qs but they said not possible because they don't know have the same rates.

Side note...not sure why or how but I just got an online instant approval for us bank cash+ 600 sl. I'll take it. Pulled my TU which 3 weeks ago it was 600. Still scratching my head and now thinking I can get that but can't really grow my qs1 past 700 in 19 months. I am never understand. But ty to all. This forum has brought me pretty **bleep** far in 10 months.
Message 11 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Are you able to do it online? Having different rates doesn't prevent an account combination.  Even having them on different card networks (like a Visa and a MasterCard) doesn't prevent it anymore.  If not, call back and speak with another CSR.

Message 12 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Are you able to do it online? Having different rates doesn't prevent an account combination.  Even having them on different card networks (like a Visa and a MasterCard) doesn't prevent it anymore.  If not, call back and speak with another CSR.

^^^ Exactly this.  Smiley Happy

I'll only add that unless it has recently changed a Capital One CSR is unable to do the account combination for you... it can only be done online by the cardholder.  This might explain some of the wonky 'direction' given by CSRs at times (since presumably they are unfamiliar with the process, although they shouldn't be).  Smiley Frustrated

Message 13 of 14
GFer
Valued Contributor

Cap1 seems to be partial to people that use their cards heavily.  These were the only times I could get increases from them!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.