Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for MC w/Rewards

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for MC w/Rewards

Ditto on USAA> I have their AMEX rewards and it's not that great. I figured their MC might not be up to par with the Chase Freedom.

Message 11 of 36
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Wow! Not as many MC options as Visa, huh? The Barclay's looks nice, but they don't give really high limits (at least not in general, from what I've read here... compared w/Navy and USAA).

No more Cap Ones for me. Aside from the CS, 3 HP just doesn't seem worth it. And it looks like the Citi card is good if you travel, but not for cash rewards. Plus, I may be blacklisted w/them. I'm not sure.

Maybe Chase... not sure. Does anyone know of any CUs that have a rewards MC?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 36
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Does anyone know how long you should have one Barclay's CC before apping for a different one?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@improvingmycredit wrote:
Check out this link: Barclays MC
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=1583&cellNumber=6&referrerid=IMRPPCBR

Good luck!

I recommend this one! and was going to post the link but "improvingmycredit" beat me to it Smiley Wink I was approved for $4,400 in December with a score probably in the low 700's and my highest limit at the time reporting was $4,900 so they will try to match close to your highest CL or take an average CL from your cards. 

Message 14 of 36
Ron1
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Wow! Not as many MC options as Visa, huh? The Barclay's looks nice, but they don't give really high limits (at least not in general, from what I've read here... compared w/Navy and USAA).

No more Cap Ones for me. Aside from the CS, 3 HP just doesn't seem worth it. And it looks like the Citi card is good if you travel, but not for cash rewards. Plus, I may be blacklisted w/them. I'm not sure.

Firstmark Credit Union

https://www.firstmarkcu.org/Loans/Credit_Cards.php

You can join The Friends of the Park Foundation to qualify for the membership. Firstmark Credit Union will pay your first-year membership fee directly to the Foundation; you are not required to renew your Friends of the Park membership.

Ron.

Message 16 of 36
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Firstmark Credit Union

You can join The Friends of the Park Foundation to qualify for the membership.

Ron.

To apply for membership online, you must be at least 18 years old and choose one of the eligibility types below:

You are eligible to join Firstmark Credit Union by becoming a member of The Friends of the Park Foundation. Firstmark Credit Union will pay your first-year membership fee directly to the Foundation; you are not required to renew your Friends of the Park membership.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 17 of 36
Ron1
Super Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Firstmark Credit Union

You can join The Friends of the Park Foundation to qualify for the membership.

Ron.

To apply for membership online, you must be at least 18 years old and choose one of the eligibility types below:

You are eligible to join Firstmark Credit Union by becoming a member of The Friends of the Park Foundation. Firstmark Credit Union will pay your first-year membership fee directly to the Foundation; you are not required to renew your Friends of the Park membership.

I have both the credit card and LOC with one pull and they pulled EQ. I have had their credit card and LOC for almost six months.  I haven't had any problem yet.  They don't check Chexsystem and they checked Telecredit/Telecheck for account opening. I like their debit card and it gives your 10 cents back per transaction.

Ron.

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

I have both the credit card and LOC with one pull and they pulled EQ. I have had their credit card and LOC for almost six months.  I haven't had any problem yet.  They don't check Chexsystem and they checked Telecredit/Telecheck for account opening. I like their debit card and it gives your 10 cents back per transaction.

Ron.

Nice...what kind of limit did they start you off for the credit card and LOC? Also how many INQ at the time of applying? Did they ask for POI?

Message 19 of 36
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice...what kind of limit did they start you off for the credit card and LOC? Also how many INQ at the time of applying? Did they ask for POI?

I only asked them to give $5000 CL for the credit card and overdraft LOC only gives $500 max.  They can give you more than $5000. I have seen people asking over $10K.  By the way, they also ask for paycheck stub for proof of income. I only had 3 inquiries and my EQ score was 794. I joined because they have cash back debit and it gives you back 10 cents back. I think it is better than Alliant CU.

Ron.

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.