Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Next Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for Next Credit Card

I have a total of five (5) credit cards that are all secured but I would like to graduate to unsecured cards and increase my credit score. What course of action would you recommend. Thanks in advance.

I currently have:

First Progress Platinum - $200 limit (secured)

First Choice Bank - $200 limit (secured)

Citi - $200 limit (secured)

OpenSky - $200 limit (secured)

CapitalOne - $500 limit ($200 secured)

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for Next Credit Card

You can try Discover, they have been pretty generous lately.

But I would recommend waiting until your score crosses the the 650 mark.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait until you have at least 6-12 months of credit history and you bring your scores around 650 or higher before trying anything with some perks like the Discover IT, Cap1 Platinum may also be something to look into.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your credit needs improvement, at this moment you might be better off cleaning up your credit report than seeking new lines of credit. It's enough to have 5 accounts to start building up a positive credit history, and I'm afraid you would have better chance wasting hard inquiries than getting reward cards with your current score, so maybe wait until your AAoA is at least 1 year and see what your score goes.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do, thanks!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

definitely wait. But use 2-4 cards you have and charge up to $50 on each and PIF. Your score is still pretty low. When each card was opened and what's your AAoA?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.