Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Visa with No FTF

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for Visa with No FTF

I'm traveling out of the country at the end of December for 11 days.

I need to avoid all foreign transaction fees from all purchases made internationally.

I am only looking for a VISA as I already have a mastercard and discover with no FTF.

So for the card: of course no FTF and a visa, no annual fee or annual fee waived for the first year.

I need to get the application in asap so please help!

Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for Visa with No FTF

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to avoid all foreign transaction fees from all purchases made internationally.

I am only looking for a VISA as I already have a mastercard and discover with no FTF.

So for the card: of course no FTF and a visa, no annual fee or annual fee waived for the first year.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Cap One - QS and VentureOne don't have annual fees, Venture has the fee waived first year, all three are Visas, and Cap One doesn't charge FTFs.

Message 2 of 12
Absolution16
Frequent Contributor

+1 to michikade.

Also, Bank of America offers AAA Member Rewards Card that also charges NO AF and NO FTF.  And you don't have to be a member of AAA to apply.  It is a cashback card that gives 3% on travel and AAA expenses, 2% on gas/grocery stores/drug stores, and 1% everything else.

I believe some other cards from well-known credit unions also may fit your bill as well, but I am not aware of them specifically, so others may chime in on that.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy

Cap One - QS and VentureOne don't have annual fees, Venture has the fee waived first year, all three are Visas, and Cap One doesn't charge FTFs.

+1 And just to add, be sure you apply through Cap1's site. If you apply through Credit Karma, I believe they are MC versions, but through Cap1 are Visa versions. Weird...

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card! No AF first year
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if you're interested because you would need to become a member of NFCU. But the NFCU Cash Rewards is a Visa with no FTF. Also, if your CL is $5000 or more it is a Visa Signature. 

Message 6 of 12
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy

This would be a very easy decision for me. The Merrill Lynch Merrill+ Visa Signature has no FTF, no AF, and is currently offering a 50,000 point sign up bonus. It was my original choice when I needed a card fitting similar criteria a while ago, and I'm still happy with mine today. There is a link floating around to apply for the offer or you may also be able to call in to apply for the offer. 

Message 7 of 12
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy

This would be a very easy decision for me. The Merrill Lynch Merrill+ Visa Signature has no FTF, no AF, and is currently offering a 50,000 point sign up bonus. It was my original choice when I needed a card fitting similar criteria a while ago, and I'm still happy with mine today. There is a link floating around to apply for the offer or you may also be able to call in to apply for the offer. 

+1 on the Merrill Lynch bonus!  Some others w/o FTF:
* Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier (not sure about Plus) - Chase

* BofA Travel Rewards

* Chase Sapphire Preferred and Reserve (Both have great bonuses now, too)

* US Bank FlexPerks Travel

* PenFed Platinum Rewards

There are lots more I'm sure... I googled "No FTF Visa card" and found many more, but if you're under 5/24 the CSR probably has the best bonus going right now, and the most travel perks.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of the NFCU Visas are no FTF

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BOFA Travel Rewards card is actually really good in terms of perks and looks great as well! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.