Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a Chase CC...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a Chase CC...

OK, hope this post is not against any rules, I need suggestions or where to look. I am rebuilding my Credit with Cards I have not closed. I have a Wamu with $1,500 credit line at a 9.9% My scores are; ex 607 ef 673 tu 704 I am looking for a Chase Card with around a 10% rate and 2,000 credit line, can anyone help direct me. With my credit history I feel I have fair credit at bext so I am looking for a card that I won't be turned down for i the same company/chase. Any suggestions, thanks K PS Not sure why my ex is so low, but it shows closed accounts in revolving credit and I should probably call or write them.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Looking for a Chase CC...

You'll be sunk if they pull EX.  Go to whogavemecredit.com and research who they pull in your state. If you get denied and they pulled either TU or EQ, it should be an easy recon with those scores.  But like I said, if they pull your EX score, I doubt you'll get approved outright or on recon.  Chase has cards that have 12 months no interest, I'd app for one of those or maybe the freedom card.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 16
Verde
Established Member

I would suggest Chase Disney Rewards. Not too long ago my score was in the mid 600's and they approve me with a $5000 cl about the same time i got Chase freedom with a discouraging $200 cl.
Message 3 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Chase denied me at anout 635, but accepted me with a 5 year old Collection in the 680's and a $2K limit.

But that was 18 months ago, and syandards have got tighter.  They pull EQ for me in Iowa
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Chase pull sporadically K-Man, so there isn't any real way to know if you'll be approved or not.

However, a lot of members have had success reconning with Chase after a denial. You can always try the back door number.

FWIW Chase has pulled EQ for me on every app in VA.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase pulled EX for me, in Utah.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a chase card today on recon-Southwest Rewards, limit of 10% of my annual income. Florida-pulled EQ & I had a 685. Verified income and reviewed the recent, incorrect $60 medical collection against me, easy recon. If you have any real baddies tho, expect it to be an uphill climb I've heard.
As a rebuilder, Cap One and Wamu have been great. Wamu doubled my CL without me asking after 6 months of consistent use & paying more than minimums.

Message Edited by KYgirl on 07-31-2008 09:33 AM
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

if you have $1000 to open  a countywide savingslink, you no fees on the account so once the account is open you can move all but $.01 to keep the account open since it's only earning 2.65% on balances under 10K
one you have savinglink appliy for their visa which is isusseed by Chase, for every 2.5K you pump through the card you can redeem for $50 in CW savingslink or applied to a CW loan rather than
getting a $25 gift card

So if you CW loan your ready to apply for card
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all the replys! It is very nice to be accepted by myFICO members. It looks like I will have to wait until I can reconcile my equifax score, before I apply for a CCard, I still feel something is wrong considering it is almost 100 points below my Experian score. I have a few reasons I want a Chase Card, one is that I have never had a Chase Card-so I feel it would be a good rebuilding point. I had 6 cards and was in debt over 50K, paid and closed all accounts-wish I knew then what I know now. I now have a a new WaMu card and a Gas/Conoco/citi bank card open-both in good standing. Plus a first mortgage/gmac-nothing else owed but many negative accounts as I negotiated with Credit Solutions who only wanted their 15% nd had no concern for my Credit Future. I ended up paying over 80% plus 11K to Credit Solutions(rip off) and then was handed a 1099 to pay taxes on what I had saved!? Anyways, I made my bed and now I am trying to rebuild it! I am happy with the way WaMu has recently helped me re-establish my credit, although my credit limit is low-it really does not matter as it is a way to help re-establish my credit. At one point I was approved for about 20K on a single CCard, now only $1.5K-so be careful and responsible, I was not. I did find; http://www.creditcards.com/ which seems to help get things in perspective, but I am going to be careful and wait for my next card. I cannot afford to take a step back-so it may take some time-but it will be worth it. Is anyone familiar with this site? There is not much there for Chase with my fair Credit, I just have to be patient now-which was never my style-hence my problems. Thanks again for the warm welcome, it is good to be here! K-Man myFICO scores/Credit Complete 07/28/08; Trans; 673 Eqfax; 607 Exprn; 703
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

K-Man wrote:
Thank you for all the replys! It is very nice to be accepted by myFICO members. It looks like I will have to wait until I can reconcile my equifax score, before I apply for a CCard, I still feel something is wrong considering it is almost 100 points below my Experian score. I have a few reasons I want a Chase Card, one is that I have never had a Chase Card-so I feel it would be a good rebuilding point. I had 6 cards and was in debt over 50K, paid and closed all accounts-wish I knew then what I know now. I now have a a new WaMu card and a Gas/Conoco/citi bank card open-both in good standing. Plus a first mortgage/gmac-nothing else owed but many negative accounts as I negotiated with Credit Solutions who only wanted their 15% nd had no concern for my Credit Future. I ended up paying over 80% plus 11K to Credit Solutions(rip off) and then was handed a 1099 to pay taxes on what I had saved!? Anyways, I made my bed and now I am trying to rebuild it! I am happy with the way WaMu has recently helped me re-establish my credit, although my credit limit is low-it really does not matter as it is a way to help re-establish my credit. At one point I was approved for about 20K on a single CCard, now only $1.5K-so be careful and responsible, I was not. I did find; http://www.creditcards.com/ which seems to help get things in perspective, but I am going to be careful and wait for my next card. I cannot afford to take a step back-so it may take some time-but it will be worth it. Is anyone familiar with this site? There is not much there for Chase with my fair Credit, I just have to be patient now-which was never my style-hence my problems. Thanks again for the warm welcome, it is good to be here! K-Man myFICO scores/Credit Complete 07/28/08; Trans; 673 Eqfax; 607 Exprn; 703

Credit Solutions are really awful. My husband has them on his reports and they update every month although it was paid 6 years ago. It is about to die of natural causes soon, but it keeps his scores lower. EQ seems to be his worst score by 75 points too with all the reports identical.

Maybe shoot for a low ended Chase card and call to recon if they deny you. I asked them to pull a different bureau upon explaining with a higher score and was approved. It may have cost two hard inquiry's but it was worth it to get my foot in the door. I went with the Sony Visa and got it for 3k. Now 3 months later I was approved for the Freedom Plus signature with a simple phone call.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.