Established Member
msberry28

Re: Looking for a Dept Store Card

I appreciate it. Thanks

Regular Contributor
QueenBean

I rec'd a Target RedCard with a less than 1 yr old dismissed BK and scores in the mid 500 range.  I rec'd a JCP card with 580s about 6 months later.

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: 679
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
msberry28

Well I applied with Target and was sent a letter in the mail stating I had to many inquiries. WIth JCP, I am very skeptical. My scores are not that high
Established Member
msberry28

For the JCP card, did u apply online or in person?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

LynetteM wrote:

msberry28 wrote:

Oh ok. Well how do I get accurate scores to better tell me where I stand on my credit?

I believe the Equifax score you got from their site is a true FICO score. If I am wrong on that, someone will soon come along with a correction.

For your TransUnion FICO score, you can get that here from myFICO, or you can get it from transunioncs.com (note the 'cs').

That would give you 2 of your 3 FICO scores, and the Experian FICO isn't available for consumers to buy.

I would suggest that you do some reading here in the forums, especially on the Rebuilding Your Credit forum. You may have ways available to you to accomplish some credit repair before applying for a dept. store card.

Yep, the score from the Equifax site is the Equifax FICO score.

You can get your TU FICO here at myFICO (google the discount codes first) or from www.transunioncs.com <--note the cs; this is NOT the regular TU site, which will happily lead you to FAKO's.

And as others explained, consumers are basically SOL for their Experian FICO's. :smileymad: Meanwhile, Experian is doing a nice little business in selling their FAKO scores.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
ladydi

msberry28 wrote:
Well I applied with Target and was sent a letter in the mail stating I had to many inquiries. WIth JCP, I am very skeptical. My scores are not that high
have u checked out this site its really good........www.financeglobe.com/Finance..let me know what u think....
Regular Contributor
RUSTY101

Hello, my son has a recent bk ( 1yr). He applied for a Kay jewelry card and received instant approval for $400.00. Might try it
New Contributor
joeydtx

Anyone know a good dept card that pulls from TU mainly, maybe EQ after I pay down CC balance? 

~JD

598 TU / 565 EQ / ?? EX - 12/27/09
612 TU / 588 EQ / ?? EX - 2/3/10
634 TU / 609 EQ / 577 EX FAKO - 2/25/10

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}