cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a New Credit card with PenFed or USAA. Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a New Credit card with PenFed or USAA. Help!

I am looking for a new credit card with either PenFed or USAA ... FICO: (EX: 727, TU: 720, EQ: 716). Which one would I most likely get a higher CL with? And which service is better?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for a New Credit card with PenFed or USAA. Help!

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking for a new credit card with either PenFed or USAA ... FICO: (EX: 727, TU: 720, EQ: 716). Which one would I most likely get a higher CL with? And which service is better?

Welcome to the forums.

PenFed is more likely to give you a large CL if your credit file and income warrant it.  Service is subjective as I've had no problems with either but PenFed seems to care more about their credit card department than USAA.

Message 2 of 6
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm inclined to agree with Irish and add that PenFed generally offers better APRs, too. PenFed also seems to place a higher value on certain areas in your CRs, not simply scores. Any denials I received from PenFed were overturned by recon, including an Egyption accusation.

My cards from both are too new to comment on CLIs or their interval to request a CLI.

All this being said, I like both, customer service is top-rate.

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 3 of 6
travisr0
Contributor

Hello, When it comes to credit cards and loans I would definitely suggest PENFED or USAA. Credit requirements for USAA are a little higher, however, they are very conservative with their CLs. My general rule of thumb is USAA for banking which I use and general credit and loans wit the credit unions.

Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 4 of 6
Miamicanes
Valued Member

I just got approved with Pen Fed for their Defender card 19000 sl ! My scores are 680 across the board . I have two cards with NFCU that both have 22000 limits , Navy is awesome to deal with and Pen Fed has been great as well . I have USAA for my Insurance needs but no credit cards with them !

Semper Fi
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy fed gave me $12.5k and USAA gave me $2500 lol
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.